Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1.jpg

Akron daily Democrat. (Akron, Ohio), 02 Sept. 1899.

Akron daily Democrat. (Akron, Ohio) 1892-1902, September 02, 1899, Image 8 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1640 and the only thing in the world that I don't believe in...

? I'm pretty sure 1640 really Existed.

Not sure how, but I know Dowsing works for water.
& since it works for water , I am open minded enough to believe it works for
other things to. But I do believe the Dowser is as important as the Rods being used

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it works for other things as well, I have personally dowsed phone, electrical, power and water lines, both with and with out water in them...

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad Swore it worked. I think he used it for coal Veins :dontknow:
I never asked for details. Just know he said Dowsing is real,
during a conversation.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father has been in the excavation business since the early 70s. It was necessary for him, before beginning excavations in city areas, to be able to locate water, sewer and electrical lines underground before excavating, and he has used dowsing many times to do just that. He used to keep two metal rods in his truck at all times. Now there is a phone number you can call before you dig, but there didn't used to be. I know dowsing works for those things, so, as Jeff said, my mind is open to dowsing working to find other things. Many years ago, my grandmother talked about using witching sticks, as she called them, to find water. She said she preferred to use a peach tree branch. A few years ago, my husband's grandfather cut a forked branch for me and showed me how to dowse for water with it. That branch was nearly ripped from my hands as I came across water. I became a believer in that moment.

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does it mean by "ground" hazel? Is this article talking about a hazel nut tree? Sounds like they might be talking about a seedling tree.

Coal keeps the lights burning.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Jeff. I did some testing years ago with forked tree branches. They worked for gold but would only respond just before I stepped on it. With my rods I could pick up the signal from ¾ mile away. So I do not use that method

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeff. I did some testing years ago with forked tree branches. They worked for gold but would only respond just before I stepped on it. With my rods I could pick up the signal from ¾ mile away. So I do not use that method

I used to use a forked tree branch to dowse for water but now rely on the two "L" Rods.
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread