Pulblish crimiinals photos

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
olroy70:

Your comment has nothing to do with innocent people on Death Row.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Thread is not about death row, topic is about those arrested having their pictures published.

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unclebuck257:

Have you seen Deadline (2004)? It's a remarkable documentary about Illinois Governor George Ryan. A study of an elected official trying to do the right thing. Compelling.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

OB,

Sorry, I did not see your post or I would have responded to you earlier. No, I did not see that documentary, but I doubt seriously that it would change my mind on this subject. Again, while I realize all too well that mistakes are made, under the specific guidelines and criteria I have already agreed with, I firmly believe that the public has a right to know about and see those persons photos. I am all for a fair and equitable justice system, as that is part of what makes our country strong, however it seems anymore that some folks are much more worried about the rights of the criminal than they are about the rights of the victims and the general public. Not saying that you are one of those people OB, but this subject definitely falls into that catagory in my opinion.

Oh, and I've done a great deal of criminal defense work in my career too, but became VERY particular in which cases I took because I refused to help the out and out guilty beat the system. The ones that I did take had not been caught in the act on camera, but rather possibly caught on camera in the general vicinity or simply accused. It didn't matter to me either whether they were black or white, gay or straight. I didn't just prove them innocent but then almost in all cases, provided the actual perp, through proof etc., to the LEOs.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Treasure Hunter:

My point is there are a great many people arrested who are not guilty. An arrest or other accusation is not a conviction.

If people on Death Row are released when the proper evidence is presented, it's pretty hard to make a cogent argument that everyone arrested did something wrong.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My problem is ... in the community where I live, there is a violent sex offender who is out on parole.

Arkansas has a site where the state lists these individuals and posts their picture. The guy in my neighborhood was a serial rapist.

When I raise hell, they post his pic on the site ... then, within 30 days, the sheriff requests they take his picture down.

He lives within 1000 feet of a school, and his victims were mostly underage girls.

I believe that if they can't post his pic, they ought to brand him on his forehead.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter:

My point is there are a great many people arrested who are not guilty. An arrest or other accusation is not a conviction.

If people on Death Row are released when the proper evidence is presented, it's pretty hard to make a cogent argument that everyone arrested did something wrong.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

All arrests are a matter of public record plain and simple... Published photos are just that published photos of someone arrested, it has nothing to do with guilt or innocence. .. .

wetfly

Aug 8, 2012
I agree but in the court of public opinion, a picture really does speak a thousand words. I'm not defending the guilty here just saying that if arrested for something and then let go, try getting a job with your arrest picture still up!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
wetfly:

It's very easy for people to be objective about such things - until it happens to someone they know.

Arrest mug shots belong in the police station. Not on the Internets.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter:

If people on Death Row are released when the proper evidence is presented, it's pretty hard to make a cogent argument that everyone arrested did something

wrong.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

I dont have a clue where you come up with a 'great many'???

to many liberal judges to allow that!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wetfly:

It's very easy for people to be objective about such things - until it happens to someone they know.

Arrest mug shots belong in the police station. Not on the Internets.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Again arrests records including mug shots are public records. I have had friends and family members who have been arrested in past.

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
olroy70:

What does a librul judge have to do with whom is arrested?

Lots of folks are arrested without warrants.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
olroy70:

What does a librul judge have to do with whom is arrested?

Lots of folks are arrested without warrants.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Like ol Roy. I would like to know what the quantity is in" a great many". Sounds like spin, again.

Another post where you're factually short on facts.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave44:

Prove me wrong. Olroy70 can't.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

You want me or Roy to prove you wrong,, on the quantity of "a great many". It is your statement, I am sure we can't help you with it one way or the other. I simply would like to know where you might get such info.

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe a great many it 4???? you are always asking for impossible stuff.

let me know how many a great is, please!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off topic posts will be deleted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread