pull tabs and a penny

dcrooksjr

Greenie
Mar 8, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Got off work at 5:30 this morning and decided to hit the local park. I started from the road way and worked my way towards the concession stand. Dug up 10 pull tabs and one clad penny in 35 minutes of detecting.
I'm still a novice and could use some help with my dfx.
With the number of pull tabs I dug up I know it is a high trash area.
I had my DFX in the stock coin program, but I changed the mode over to 3khz instead of using best data.
This park has a boat launch, tennis court, softball/baseball field, small beach the concession stand and picnic areas. I know theirs silver and maybe some jewelry out their, but I'm having a heck of a time with the pull tabs.
Any hints.

With each pull tab I'm one step closer to my silver:)

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep digging :)

Clear the tabs then there's no doupt in your mind you missed a ring or coin on edge etc...

Patience brings reward :)

OP
OP
D

dcrooksjr

Greenie
Mar 8, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I shall dig and dig, be back there again monday moring. Gotta 12 hour shift tonight :'(. Sunday i'm going to my great grand fathers camp in Maine circa 1930's or 40's ;D. can't wait for that.

V3 SNIPER

May 2, 2007
toronto
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer 2 pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
keep digging pulltabs if you want gold, dig high 70's if you want silver..

A

Axerocker

I am a beginner also, what I have found works good for me is the beach and jewerly program even in the parks or schools I just find it easier to pin point with the tone I.D. I found a gold ring in the low 20,s......I also dig everything you just never know what will come up, alot of people say then why buy a white's DFX if you are just gonna dig everything. My reply is until I fully understand my machine I will be patient and try to discriminate the best I can, best of luck....... P.S pull tabs and bottle tops are just part of the hunt, and like most will agree eventually you will clear them out and find the treasures along the way. Take care HH Rich....

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Axerocker said:
I am a beginner also, what I have found works good for me is the beach and jewerly program even in the parks or schools I just find it easier to pin point with the tone I.D. I found a gold ring in the low 20,s......I also dig everything you just never know what will come up, alot of people say then why buy a white's DFX if you are just gonna dig everything. My reply is until I fully understand my machine I will be patient and try to discriminate the best I can, best of luck....... P.S pull tabs and bottle tops are just part of the hunt, and like most will agree eventually you will clear them out and find the treasures along the way. Take care HH Rich....

Good advice, I have a Cortes & dig everything even after 20 years. Difference is the better machines dig everything at a deeper depth.

OP
OP
D

dcrooksjr

Greenie
Mar 8, 2007
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Its 6:45 am 1 hour and 45 left of this boring 12 hour shift. I'll be heading for Maine early tomorrow morning and i'll take pics this time.
Hopefully gramps dropped some silver over the years.

Scott (Upstate NY)

Mar 24, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Classic III, Surf PI, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't discriminate anything above iron if you're looking for rings, gold, small silver, nickels etc. If you don't dig the pull tabs, you're likely not going to dig the small gold and rings etc.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Just keep digging and something nice will fall in your pouch. I dig everything deep and have to dig those pulltabs! Good Luck!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
I dig nearly everything too. Sometimes I've passed up an iffy signal, then worried about it being a gold ring. Always seem to go back and dig up the large hunk of foil, just to put my mind at ease.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Want to cherry pick??? ???

Try these VDI numbers good luck!

16-24 nickels...don't believe they always are 19 or 20...most are dead on but my deeper ones bounce from 16-24...

57-79 pennies helps your coin totals....

79-81 dimes

82-87 quarters

80-87 where my silver rings have been falling

I have two gold rings this year 14 total... they hit dead on one at 14 one at 24....have fun!

Usually low 50's for me have been bottle caps...

Pulltabs 18-26 hide as nickels

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions