Upvote 0

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! thats some amount of digging. Heard someone say the gold to pulltab ratio is 100 to 1. Would you agree?

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations
yikes.gif

lupsk.gif
No gold, I'm sure he found lot of gold
cheesy.gif

OP
OP
abeach01

abeach01

May 9, 2010
USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXCALIBUR X10
I would say that 100-1 ratio is way off of the majority of beaches I hunt. Most are inland and this season were quite low everywhere so I expanded my search areas to include fishing spots and areas next to campgrounds which are loaded with garbage and very few anything else but these areas were hard to scoop because of rocks or mud so no better time to weed through the trash than when it's low. But where there are targets there could be gold. And a lot of trash too. So while some beaches have 3 targets a week others are loaded with trash and you have to dig it all to get the gold. Most of this trash was from unofficial beaches that get trashed more than most. I have hunted areas where I know I dug 1000 pieces of trash to recover no rings at all. So while 100-1 would mean I had found 200 rings this season (at that ratio or 20,000 targets) I would say that ratio is flawed everywhere I went. It does help to think that way when digging that amount of trash. Lets see this is number 98 so gold should be just a few targets away..... Ha wish it worked that way.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smile.gif
I congratulate on these informations. I see what you mean, but I think that's not the whole story. Yes, but there's also another aspect to consider.
I wish you happy hunting.
Regards Hamid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread