Pump?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
not a problem! most use these with the 12vdc to run while out in the feild. and they could always (when home) run it off a battery charger.it seams that a 120vac would be restrictive to most!

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a similiar system to your for a while. Got a big sump pump from Harbor Freight. It wasn't big enough to run my sluice, but maybe it would run yours..

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a ? on a pump for a garage recirculating system. Looking to build a garage sluice---Maybe 6x30 or so---Seems everyone runs a 12 volt pump. Anyone run a 110 volt sump pump? Seems like it should work.
Thanks
Jack

No problem, That's what I use at home.

UTAvalanche

Oct 30, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a ? on a pump for a garage recirculating system. Looking to build a garage sluice---Maybe 6x30 or so---Seems everyone runs a 12 volt pump. Anyone run a 110 volt sump pump? Seems like it should work.
Thanks
Jack

I mostly use the AC pump as well and have a 12 volt 600 GPH version for when I go camping. Harbor Freight has a pretty good variety of pumps and their 200 GPH is what I use on all my 6" - 10" recirc sluices and miller tables. Their 264 GPH would work a little better for me. They have a 620 GPH that may work well for you depending on how much water you need. I classify all my material down to -20 and so I don't need a lot of water. If you classify down to 1/8 inch then you will need the 620 GPH or maybe bigger in order to move the heavier material. I found that the gold moved right out with the heavier material. If you have a swamp cooler you could even pull the pump in the off season and use that. They put out around 420 GPH for the cheaper ones. I also have a sump pump that puts out 1500 GPH but have found that it is way to much for anything I have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread