Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tanz 82

Mar 16, 2012
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow !!! my only problem is letting go of all that siiillverrr ! it would kill me

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang that's a sweet deal- good job- wish I could buy for 15x

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

sjlund

Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't 60 walkers and 434 mercs add up to $73.40 face? Nice job, regardless!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
bring a magnet along with you. If you get them directly from china, they are cheaper than their USD face value.... Alot of scumbags on craigslist who would gladly do this kind of crap. Bring a firearm incase the coin sticks to a magnet.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be surprised if anyone in my area looking to sell Ag would respond to an ad offering 15x face, but if it works I am not knocking it.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be surprised if anyone in my area looking to sell Ag would respond to an ad offering 15x face, but if it works I am not knocking it.

Well, this was a great idea. Thank you cdickrun64!

Aside from a bunch of spam responses trying to direct me to a scam dating site, one person responded to my ad and I met him yesterday. Picked up 22 quarters and 13 90% halves (2 Bens, the rest 64's) for 15x face. Also bought four 40% halves for $2.50 each and a 40% bicentennial quarter (overpaid for the '76 quarter, I know). A fair deal all around. I managed to fill some holes in my quarter collection but the rest I will stack as Ag or sell to a guy who pays me above melt.

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that was a great idea. I got my first reply today and it was composed of some cuss words and something about my mom. I would copy and paste it on here but i would probably get suspended from the website for a while. Lol

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Adds like that would just be a waste of time here, anyone paying over 10 X face would just get flagged and removed.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure I folow. I would pay 10x all day long, of course.
CC, what that means is that if someone (on C'list) comes along paying 15 X face, they might step on toes and upset the competition. So the competition flags the ad, "poof" the competing ad disappears.

sax player

Apr 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I placed a craigslist ad to buy 90% silver at 15x face. Got one deal done. Bought $70 face of 90% silver (included 60 Walkers and 434 mercs), plus 90 war nicks, for $1,100.
Sold $60 face plus 80 war nix to provident for $1,099. Kept a full roll of walkers and 10 better date/condition war nicks. :) Cost me $1.

What does this have to do with Coin Roll Hunting?

Maybe this thread would fit better in the Silver sub-forum or the Precious Metal Prices sub-forum or the Coins sub-forum:

Precious Metal Prices

Silver

Coins

moff347

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Why the hell do people get so upset when something is posted that is not directly related to CRH. I enjoyed reading the post. As long as it is coin related and not completely random. Who cares

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why the hell do people get so upset when something is posted that is not directly related to CRH. I enjoyed reading the post. As long as it is coin related and not completely random. Who cares

We do, forums are arranged to make it easy to find by classifications.

It has worked great for over 15 years and not changing it now. Change it for one end up changing it for dozens of forums.

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great... Sax Player, the self-appointed moderator is back. I do not like what you are doing to this forum. I do not like you. Let the mods do their job. You have the honor of being the first member added to my ignore list.
Smell ya later....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread