Puzzling Dredge

Jan 10, 2013
Ravensdale, WA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just picked up a 4" keen dredge in parts. The guy took it all apart for shipping and has no pictures of it put together. its an older one with the yellow Banana style pontoons. I looked all over for a picture no luck. well i got the frame together and was gung ho to put the classifier plates in but i have no idea how they go and i think there are some missing parts. so this is what i have so far, carpet and lower riffle plate and divider tray the divider sits with the 90 deg. bend facing down off the end of the box out about four inches and then i have the second piece of carpet on that. the upper riffle locking this sandwich together now all i have is a piece of punch plate with a 90 deg. bend on one side with a couple of notches in it that fit over the hooks on the flare end but it sticks up about a half an inch in front of the flare should these be level so material will flow smoothly across this? i also have a woven plate with half inch openings and a couple of ears sticking straigt up are these supposed to clamp to the edge of the box? and thirdly i have another piece of woven metal with a v shaped pice welded on the bottom the v is supposed to point up stream but where is this supposed to go in the box if any one know what i need to do or has a picture of something like this it would be greatly appreciated this is one big puzzle with only a few parts thanks in advance for the info. I have called keen they were a big help but a little more info and a pic would be nice. will post pic of said dredge when its complete. its a real beauty.

thanks Justinn

Upvote 0

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked up a 4" keen dredge in parts. The guy took it all apart for shipping and has no pictures of it put together. its an older one with the yellow Banana style pontoons. I looked all over for a picture no luck. well i got the frame together and was gung ho to put the classifier plates in but i have no idea how they go and i think there are some missing parts. so this is what i have so far, carpet and lower riffle plate and divider tray the divider sits with the 90 deg. bend facing down off the end of the box out about four inches and then i have the second piece of carpet on that. the upper riffle locking this sandwich together now all i have is a piece of punch plate with a 90 deg. bend on one side with a couple of notches in it that fit over the hooks on the flare end but it sticks up about a half an inch in front of the flare should these be level so material will flow smoothly across this? i also have a woven plate with half inch openings and a couple of ears sticking straigt up are these supposed to clamp to the edge of the box? and thirdly i have another piece of woven metal with a v shaped pice welded on the bottom the v is supposed to point up stream but where is this supposed to go in the box if any one know what i need to do or has a picture of something like this it would be greatly appreciated this is one big puzzle with only a few parts thanks in advance for the info. I have called keen they were a big help but a little more info and a pic would be nice. will post pic of said dredge when its complete. its a real beauty.

thanks Justinn
Google 'keene 4" dredge" then select images. Swap out terms if you don't see anything looking like the parts you have.

https://www.google.com/search?q=keene+4"+dredge

'keene 4" dredge manual'
http://www.keeneeng.com/pdfFiles/4_Dredge.pdf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread