Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! We've got a couple of nice sized coveys of Bobwhite Quail that hang around our place, but I've never had much look getting a picture. Those are some great shots you took!

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron A fantastic pic of a beautiful bird Are they common in your area ? We had lots of Bob White Quail nearby to where I live in the 1960's But I have not heard or seen one for many years. sadly

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Ron A fantastic pic of a beautiful bird Are they common in your area ? We had lots of Bob White Quail nearby to where I live in the 1960's But I have not heard or seen one for many years. sadly
Thank you, Yes, lots of them here. They are California Quail and were introduced into Idaho over hundred years ago.

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there other specie o quail in Idaho? And if so maybe you could post some of them also Just asking. If it is not convenient I understand it Thanks again for the pics you did post .

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Are there other specie o quail in Idaho? And if so maybe you could post some of them also Just asking. If it is not convenient I understand it Thanks again for the pics you did post .
I’ve seen pictures of Northern Bob Whites about 50 miles from where I live, and supposed to be a few Gambels Quail in Southern Idaho but I’ve never seen them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions