Feb 9, 2009
Treasure Valley Id
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, White's IDX/Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGAIN,.........OLD NEWS!

PLEASE start writing about something current or useful to todays "FINDS"!

OP
OP
Tuberale

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Got_4by4 said:
AGAIN,.........OLD NEWS!

PLEASE start writing about something current or useful to todays "FINDS"!
Yes, it is. So is the Concepcion, which has been salvaged many times. Many old treasures have not been found. Some have only been partially found, and there may be more nearby.

In another thread, where I queried whether it was best to look for caches where at least something had been found vs. where nothing has been found, the overwhelming consensus was "check where something has already been found."

But I see your point of not wanting to read "old news" items. Who reads about William Phipps or William Penn, although modern salvage stems from their efforts? Maybe what's needed is a place to post historic finds older than 50 years? Perhaps and "old treasures found" forum heading? That way you wouldn't waste your time reading "old news" and could concentrate on today's finds.

JRmoore

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2013
AR/OK
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok... So I'm confused! I'm new to this site and have not yet found any treasures. I'm trying to read up on as much as possible to get the feel of it. However, one thing I'm not liking so far, is how there seems to be a "post police" on the threads, making negative comments about what ppl post!!! If its a moderator, that's one thing. But if its a basher, or a busy-body, that's just looking for things to jump on... Then I don't want to be any part of this site. There always hafta be a smart-axx know-it-all to ruin it for everyone else!!!
JRM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions