Quattro MP Tips

P

phxAZ

I've ended up going with the Quattro MP over the X70 after much angst in deciding between the two. I liked a lot of what the X70 packed into it, and it seems the fresher electronics are more advanced. However, I think in my extreme soil conditions in Arizona I will benefit more from the FBS. I may eventually grab a X70 as an additional MD for friends and such, and to use it in trashy places, and to compare to nugget finding capabilities.

But anyways... from those who own and use a Quattro, do you have any tips related to the nuances and way the machine handles? I'll be buying the book on the Quattro, but the MD will be here in a few days so anything info I can compile will be helpful.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mirage and ed donovan use them

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Well, I just sold the Quattro. Got an Exp II. Was a hard thing to do - sell that Quattro. Is a nice machine. Only thing is not as versatile as the Exp II. Quattro is a little smoother ride but does not do well in the masking department. When you start using this machine make sure you start out in a relatively "clean" place(not a lot of iorn or shallow trash). The machine can handle the trash fine but you have to be experienced first.

Also, the Quattro is unique in that you have to sometimes "pull off" a target for the VDI to register even though it is giving you the proper tone.

There is a Quattro forum at www.findmall.com . You will have to go through the pages but a lot of good tips and such in this forum.

Mirage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread