Question about a Uniface for Uniface

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
Hey Uniface, I wanted you to take a look at this crescent shaped Uniface that I found on the Colorado River, Tx. It was found on the edge of a cutbank. I think it was washed out of the side of the river bank and was exposed when the river rose from the release of water from the dam here. Anyway, it is too thick to be a blade, but I am leaning towards paleo, but I wanted to see what you have to say about this one. If anyone else would like to send some words of wisdom my way, then great. Thanks ya'll, and I hope you guys find some goodies this weekend.

Attachments

• 5-12-09artifacts 004.jpg
    5-12-09artifacts 004.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 5-12-09artifacts 003.jpg
    5-12-09artifacts 003.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 248
Upvote 0

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks more like a flake removed from a biface (or a core) of some sort than a flake that's been retouched.

Beyond that, I can't offer much that would help you, abarnard. :dontknow:

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
That green and blue flint you're finding is really pretty stuff. It's sometimes hard to tell much when looking at a piece from this view, is there any edge work on that piece?

OP
OP
A

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
Yep, there has been work on this peice on the edges all the way around it. It is over a half an inch thick in the middle of the peice. It is a scraper, and a weird one at that. The pictures suck, I am buying a new camera soon.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
abarnard said:
Yep, there has been work on this peice on the edges all the way around it. It is over a half an inch thick in the middle of the peice. It is a scraper, and a weird one at that. The pictures suck, I am buying a new camera soon.

The pics are greenish right Abarnard.You said that in an earlier post of a pic taked with a tile floor on the back ground. Keep the post coming.We are enjoting them.
Cya,
TnMtns

OP
OP
A

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
The picture quality is what sucks. It's the damn crapy Sony cybershot. I am switching to Canon. Anyway, I left it in my hyking pack today and forgot to take it out on the previous hike, and now it is toast because it got wet. Oh well, it was a P.O.S anyway and I got plenty of use out of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread