Question about Ace 250.

alkoz

Dec 31, 2006
Lansdowne, Pa
Hi, its been a while since i've posted but i got a new Ace 250 and was wondering if you can use it under water.The instructions say the coil can but looking at it the wire leading into the coil dose'nt look too waterproof. There is a creek that is near me and its down the hill from alot of 1700 houses and i have found many relics walking in the creek(buttons, spoons, lantern parts ect). So can i put the coil in about 1 foot of water. Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coil is waterproof so go for it...just take care not to get the display housing wet....in fact there have been people on this forum that have enclosed the housing in waterproof containers and completely submerged the detector so you should be just fine

OP
OP
A

alkoz

Dec 31, 2006
Lansdowne, Pa
Thanks for all the help. I was a little worried about the wire that connects into the coil so maybe ill put some electrical tape aroundit just in case. I'd hate to have it ruined after i spent over $200 on it. Thanks again for the help.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coil is waterproof and the unit is submersible up to the control housing. Some waterproof glue around where the cable enters the coil will do no harm and give you ease of mind if you are concerned about the coil leaking. As was mentioned earlier, don't raise the coil above the control housing immediately after submersing the coil under water as water will follow the shaft and coil cable back to the housing and may cause problems. Also some like to use their detector inside a garbage bag when near water in case they fall or drop their unit.

blacktoe

Greenie
Jul 3, 2007
S.E. Georgia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Fisher F4, Tek Omega
I just used my Ace in the river here yesterday. I got half way up the rod in water. No problem. I used it last year too and no coil leaks.

blacktoe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread