yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's awful not to post pics of the item(s) in question, but I'm going to have to- cause they're packed away right now... Several years ago, I found a pair of cobalt blue cork (or stopper)-top bottles embossed with the word 'Pepsimint'. Now, because of the obvious 'Pepsi' in the name, when I look it up, I get everything about the soda, and nothing about what I imagine to be tooth powder. Has anyone ever seen one? I can't imagine that they're that rare, but I have no idea, as I've not been able to find any info. Thoughts? I'm in Maryland, if that helps. Found in a dump- a fairly shallow dump where I also found a little blue poison- cork and all. Thanks in advance- and Happy Hunting! Yakker

Oradden

May 31, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Pepsimint Bottle.JPG

Your bottles look anything like this?

Last edited:

Oradden

May 31, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If they are anything like the bottle above, then they are most likely from the 1890's- and made in Salisbury, Maryland. Maybe that can help you with your search, that's all I could easily dig up on them.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello yakker,

It's especially awful not to post photos of cobalt bottles! 8-)

"Hi. Just wanted to tell you that my great-grandfather, L. Bates Russell, invented Pepsimint. He lived in Chestertown, MD. You can see a 1905 newspaper ad for it at this Maryland history site: http:// mdhistory.net/msa_sc2901/msa_sc2901_scm1626/pdf/msa_sc2901_scm1626-0460.pdf.

- Franny" From RE: cobalt blue dig

Reading Eagle Pepsimint, 1914

Reading Eagle - Pepsimint, 1915

Official Gazette of the United States Patent Office - Toulson, John M., 1933

07CCC3F81A2144F694FBF48D8A28FA67.jpg

OP
OP
yakker

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow- That's awesome folks! That's amazing- the ton of information and your connection to my twin bottles. Mine have a flat lip- not rounded as in the picture above-, and just the word Pepsimint within a lateral triangle. Well. Mystery solved! Was it widely distributed- do you know? And thanks all- I really appreciate the quick response

Oradden

May 31, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Until we see a picture of your's we can't really tell if many were made. But what I can say is the one in the picture that I have posted went for $25.00 because it was a little more rare they say...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread