question about tesoro compadre

ole_grisley

Nov 23, 2007
Lycomming Co Pa
Detector(s) used
treasure cove
I have been told that the ground here in Pa is high in mineral content and that I need a
detector that has a setting to adjust for it. I was looking at the fisher f2 but was told it would not work here so am
thinking about the tesoro compadre and am wondering if anyone here has had good luck with one here in Pa.I had a
Garett 250 and it rang out every sweep I made and it drove me about bonkers digging and nothing there.I hated the 250 .LOL
My budget does not allow for a high priced machine and I like simple and not all the gadgets that tell me everything.
I had more fun with an old 29 dollar machine years ago than the ones that do everything.
so whats the views on the compadre?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need a detector that has a manual ground balance to handle the changing mineral content of your ground. The entry level detectors don't have this feature. You might get buy in some areas with the preset GB but with reduced sens and depth.

cokat7

Sep 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Rather than attempting to adjust the internal GB pot on the compadre to get it to work for your ground, you might be happier with a Vaquero or one of the older manual GB tesoro's. Every once in a while I see some nice ones on ebay go pretty cheap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread