Question about the Bounty Hunters (metal detector ).

Shott1970

Dec 12, 2007
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I just got a bounty hunter for xmas, and i have been out 2 times with so far. I'm still trying to figure out all the diferant tones, but I do like it.

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relichunters said:
George (MN) said:
Bounty Hunter offers some models that are cheaper than any other American made detectors, so they get more limited budget people into the hobby.

Bounty Hunter detectors are pretty easy to use, but the models under $250-300 don't have non-motion pinpoint, which I prefer.

There is very little learning curve compared to some other detectors. They can usually be run on full sensitivity without being unstable. They may not air test as impressively as some other detectors, but beep about as far in the ground as in the air & can usually ID correctly close to the maximum detection depth.

The optional coil are less expensive as well. HH, George (MN)

For the models without pinpoint built in, swing it over a target in an X pattern. To correctly find the exact location.

I use the BH Tracker II most of the time, which is a cheaper model. I've found a lot of jewelry with it. I find the 'X pattern' works well to pinpoint if you 'bounce' the coil up and down a couple inches above the ground over the target area and find your strongest signal point from two directions. You can learn where on the coil a target pinpoints after a few times.
The bounce can also tell you if it's a junk reading. I've never found anything good that doesn't give a signal on the 'bounce'.
Although I haven't really done much "relic" hunting............... yet

Willy

The only problem I have with BH detectors (and this only applies to the pushpad style ones) is that they don't retain their settings when turned off. This also applies to 'Teknetics'. Other than that, they're decent detectors. ..Willy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread