Question about using Garrett Ace 250 on beach?

yellowhammer

Nov 20, 2007
I am new to the hobby and recently moved to where I can MD beaches and wanted to know what would be the best setting to use near the water line or out in the water? I went the other day and found a few coins on the dry sand but when I went near the water I got a bunch of false signals because of the wet sand. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
in wet sand --move the sen bars down to 2 to 3 bars --in dry sand 4 to 5-- if the machine is acting squirrelly --steady falsing --its reading the minerals in the wet sand or salt water as a solid "wall" of metal --the only way to get around it is to drop the sen level till it no longer "sees" the minerals --- its the only thing that will work ---thats with a ACE 250 -----( also please watch the "crackbadger" series videos --he hunts with an ACE 250 so it can be done)-----with the bounty hunter models that have no "ground balance knob/ setting"--- lowering the power / sen--- knob/ setting and upping the discrimanation knob / setting till the machine runs steady is the "fix" for it ---all "preset" ground balance type machines tend to suffer from this problem --(with these "fixes" you will lose some depth but which is better? hunting with a little bit of depth or a totally unusible machine? -- that why I say if you plan to do a lot of beach hunting a machine that has manual ground balancing ability is really a must --Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread