apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The boxes I pick up weekly are the long boxes with String & Sons wrappers. They always have either no stamp or a four digit code stamped on the outside of the box within a circle.

Today, one box had 3 stamped codes directly on top of each other. I could make out 3 distinct sets of 4 digits. The question I pose to the professionals is: why?

PS: Yes, it was a skunk, but I did pull 7-90% & 12-40% out of six boxes. Low, but more for the pile nonetheless.

apush

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm no expert... But maybe they couldn't make up their mind? :)
As long as the silver flows, don't ask too many questions!
Wickaboag :)

Aug 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friend,I'm completely bamboozled as to you're question.

I't may be some sort of coding system within the said establishment.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apush I get those same boxes, light yellow on the outside right? The ones I get here come from Dunbar. Sometimes I get no codes, or a code, or sometimes even a date that mentions when the box was last checked for quality control. Sounds to me either just like a common workplace mistake, such as an employee was confused to the code and got it right on the third try, or maybe if a box sits around for long enough it has to be recoded. Who knows, maybe sometimes they take a few boxes left on each pallet and recombine then onto one and give 'em a new code. Either way it seems like that box has been through a lot at the processing facility. HH

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The boxes I pick up weekly are the long boxes with String & Sons wrappers. They always have either no stamp or a four digit code stamped on the outside of the box within a circle.

Today, one box had 3 stamped codes directly on top of each other. I could make out 3 distinct sets of 4 digits. The question I pose to the professionals is: why?

PS: Yes, it was a skunk, but I did pull 7-90% & 12-40% out of six boxes. Low, but more for the pile nonetheless.

apush

How was the Corona? I still remember the CRH dates with your husband....:laughing7:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
APUSH- I've been at this game for quite a long time. To try and make sense of the courier's coding is not worth the time. There is no rhyme or reason to box codes or dates. It all depends when the last collection dump was processed. Time spent figuring out their madness is better spent hunting more coins, or drinking a Modelo with the hubby. I've had boxes that were actually dated in the future as if the coins were going to expire.

OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Diver_Down. Message received and noted. Yep, had a few Mo's tonight. School tomorrow.

Will take the advice,
apush

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's Miller High Life for me tonight while i search pennies and watch the new "Three Stooges" movie

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apush, was it 3 different codes?

I've had the same code stamped multiple times on a box. and your 19 keepers out of 6 boxes is definitely not low in the "Obama CRHing Era" nice work!

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

apush

:hello:I wouldn't wonder about the codes or lack of codes on the boxes. The only important thing is weither they have silver or not. 21 silver out of 6 boxes would be pretty good for me now. Recently I've been averaging between 1 & 2 silver a box if I'm lucky. It's good to see you back posting & that you went back to your original picture. Hope you have a good school year & many great coin roll hunting dates with your husband. Looking forward for your future posts.

HH
Gary

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I explain the coding stamps from the different coin courriers in my new CRH book. You can find it on ebay or Amazon.

Just kidding...aahahaahh. My guess analytical guess would be, location/region/facility, and/or employee/date COMBO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread