Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
There are items that you can not ask the seller a question …. There are some sellers that when you go to ask a question … It will come back and say…UNFORTUNATELY THIS SELLER IS NOT ABLE TO RESPOND TO YOUR QUESTION…. Does any one know what that is all about . Those sellers don't want to answer questions .. They are to busy to answer questions .. It happened to me last night with one seller .. all the others i went to were fine just that one last night …

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has happened to me twice in the last several months. In both cases the seller had many, many thousands of feedback points. Guess they didn't want to be bothered so I bought from another seller. I figure if they do not want to be bothered by a prospective customer how will they act to a customer that has a problem with one of their products.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That has happened to me twice in the last several months. In both cases the seller had many, many thousands of feedback points. Guess they didn't want to be bothered so I bought from another seller. I figure if they do not want to be bothered by a prospective customer how will they act to a customer that has a problem with one of their products.
Yes that is what i did also … I went to another seller . I thought what this seller does not want to be bothered by a buyer...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, sellers can opt not to accept questions from buyers. http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageBuyerCommunication&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK
Not too smart of a move I wouldn't think but it is what it is. I guess some of these high volume sellers think they shouldn't have to be bothered with a prospective customer who wants to spend money on their items. A little side note- If you purchase an item from a seller who does not allow questions, you cannot leave any type of "rating" under the "How satisfied were you with the seller's communication?" 5 star rating system

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, sellers can opt not to accept questions from buyers. http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageBuyerCommunication&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK
Not too smart of a move I wouldn't think but it is what it is. I guess some of these high volume sellers think they shouldn't have to be bothered with a prospective customer who wants to spend money on their items. A little side note- If you purchase an item from a seller who does not allow questions, you cannot leave any type of "rating" under the "How satisfied were you with the seller's communication?" 5 star rating system
diggummup… I never knew sellers could do that .. Learn something new every day...:thumbsup:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup… I never knew sellers could do that .. Learn something new every day...:thumbsup:
I only know because I bought something from some super duper 500k plus feedback powerseller and noticed when I went to leave feedback, that the only details I could actually "rate" were the "Rate details about this purchase", everything else was already 5 stars automatically.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread