question for dime hunters

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
I recently started ordering dimes again from my pickup bank, as I hope they have gone through all the 2011 dimes for the year (I had been getting the quarter boxes while the new dimes were running their course)... Is anyone still getting the new (2011) dime boxes when they pickup or get random boxes?

Ps, I made the switch last week and only ordered one box of dimes for a test run, luckily when I picked them up at the end of last week they were the circulated ones :icon_thumright:. At that moment I went ahead and switched my order from quarters to a grand in dimes every week... fingers crossed they remain the circulated ones. Thanks in advance for your your experience.

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i saw a couple string dime boxes a couple months back that were 2011, saw them and just said oh crap i didnt bring enough cash, just give me the halves today.

I almost exclusively get brinks dimes for boxes because of the clear wrap, I only saw one box of new dimes through them and it was a good 4-5 months ago.

HH
Bigheed

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Haven't seen any new dimes lately.

But then, I am picky about where I pick up.

Keep on Rollin' !

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
This weekend I was going to pick up a dime box but it was all 2011s so I didn't get them, ended up getting some loose rolls instead.

Hopper39

Oct 1, 2011
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a String 2011 this weekend.

Question for those out there - when this happens to you, and you dump at a bank that wants coins UNrolled (i.e. they have coin counters), do you unroll and dump? Deposit as a full box (if they'll take it)?

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
theres no magic answer

every bank is different you have to try all angles, try the easiest method first, i.e. try to swap the box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions