question for mods

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I understand the parameters now TH but it seems it would be difficult to stay within them, even in discussions not meant to attack the present administration. I'll try though, I like the site too much to be kicked out. :)

PB your in no danger......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Now we're back to the "herd" mentally. It doesn't matter where were headed... but we're GOING!!!!! Or if your leader lies... the followers swear to it as gospel.

Some people find it easier to live when told how to.It saves them the trouble of thinking.Its much easier for them to follow blindly.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Some people find it easier to live when told how to.It saves them the trouble of thinking.Its much easier for them to follow blindly.

It's called the Judas Goat effect, and you know where that gets you!

For the non farmers here: The Judas Goat leads the sheep into the slaughter house and is let out a side gate. Frank... 111-2 de Vinci.jpg

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the whole "sheep" thing......:laughing7:......one herd of "sheep" calling a different herd of sheep, "sheep"......sort of like "the pot calling the kettle black" sort of thing. :laughing7: That whole word play thing absolutely slays me....:laughing7:

PS: In case some haven't noticed, FYI...."they're only/always sheep when they're not in you're herd/pack." :laughing7:

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I love the whole "sheep" thing......:laughing7:......one herd of "sheep" calling a different herd of sheep, "sheep"......sort of like "the pot calling the kettle black" sort of thing. :laughing7: That whole word play thing absolutely slays me....:laughing7:

PS: In case some haven't noticed, FYI...."they're only/always sheep when they're not in you're herd/pack." :laughing7:

I would think the determining factor is if the sheep are being led. Sheep have a habit of following there leader even if he does run off the cliff. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think the determining factor is if the sheep are being led. Sheep have a habit of following there leader even if he does run off the cliff. Frank...
View attachment 985505

FYI.....and by your own account, if you weren't the originator of the notion.......just a believer in that notion......."sheep!". :laughing7: But it's all good. I get a kick out of it. :thumbsup:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

FYI.....and by your own account, if you weren't the originator of the notion.......just a believer in that notion......."sheep!". :laughing7: But it's all good. I get a kick out of it. :thumbsup:

A bit bitter eh? Someone put a bur under your blankie?

And of course, the attack on another member of the forum is not an attack ... Have a nice evening.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez Chad, looking for a reason to be offended..?

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Geez Chad, looking for a reason to be offended..?

Actually no.

I just found it humorous that BigScoop would find the discussion offensive and make two posts about it.

If I wanted to be offended, I can think of a lot of other places to go.

Been having a good day playing with Bryce and Photopaint ... did a little racing, visited the forums while changing between programs.

First day I've had off from working somewhere since the first week of January.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look, here's what I find so curious about all of this sheep usage. Every time the word "sheep" is used as a metaphor it is, in fact, either used as an attack or an insult on a group, doesn't matter who that group is what the topic is. Point is, depending solely on one's own "opinion" this metaphor is being directed at nearly everyone at some point, even by those who only toss it around on occasion. I mean, let's face it, we are all products of the lives we have lived and chosen to live, products of the social environments we thrive in. None of us are truly "original in our beliefs" even though we sometimes think we are. No bur, no insult taken, not bitter in any way, just curious as to why so many people think they're so different then anyone else to the point that they would use such a ridiculously silly metaphor such as, "sheep" when in fact "we are all sheep to something?" For this reason I just don't get the logic in the use of this particular metaphor? Makes no sense in any way shape or form, really. :dontknow:

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Fair and clear statement BigScoop. Well put, better than I could have explained it. :thumbsup:

The "sheep" reference is thousands of years old, and originally had religious connotations. Johann Sebastian Bach even composed a work entitled "Sheep May Safely Graze". Nothing negative there.

I'll also agree that almost everyone follows something (I'm not too sure about member Jeff Gordon though, I think he may really be one of a kind - and I believe he would probably take that as the compliment it is intended to be).

While I am a religious person, I follow no man walking on this Earth today.

Although I often get involved in discussions on the same side as the ones you were referring to as just being sheep following another idea, I have my own ideas and don't follow. If I agree, I agree and that's it. If I don't agree, I don't care who said it, I don't agree.

I'm equal opportunity. I'm loved and hated everywhere I go ... even among my own people.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Red, ......FYI; Lemming; "Any of various small, thickset rodents, especially of the genus Lemmus, inhabiting northern regions and known for periodic mass migrations that sometimes end in drowning." Just saying, I live in the south, whereas "you" live in the north. I'm not too sure this can even be a pot calling the kettle black, sort of thing, sort of a fruit calling a kettle a fruit, I think? :laughing7: You guys and your metaphors....it's a real hoot! Thanks for sharing. Love your sense of humor. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread