muddyknees

May 5, 2005
Holden Beach,North Carolina

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i would hunt them. the people that run the stores are most likely the people who would complain using my logic.

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
They are renting the property and have granted you permission. Get it writing and don't leave a mess and you will be fine. Even if someone does complain you are covered and the most that could happen is a scolding. Good luck. Cladius.

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
I would hunt the property. But if you find a gazillion dollar cache, expect the owner to assert a claim. That's when you hire a lawyer on a contingency basis. He will want his percentage too. Everything is negotiable, and 10% of a gazillion is still more than 100% of nothing. And you get to have fun.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Go for it...it's in writing,hunt em'...A little scolding never hurt anyone!HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would Hunt it.

AVOID asking for it in Writing,
OR suggesting any possibility of them not having the right to let you.
This May make the Renters Think....

"HUMMMMMM. Maby I Shouldn't Have said Yes.
? ? I think I'll just tell him the Owner said No, And Save myself alot of Hassle"

They are Renting. They are Paying to Use the Property.
AND ARE ALSO the ones taking care of the property.

You see here all the Different thoughts that come from Posing such a Question.

? ? ?H U N T

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I T

? Jeff

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
? ? ?I agree with Jeff. I would NOT ask for permission in writing. They've already given you permission to detect the property. Why push your luck? Go ahead and detect the property. Leave as little sign you were there as possible. Good luck and let us know what you find.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NIX THE WRITING!!!.....good point feller's.......HH

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
they said u can hunt it , ,,then hunt the place,

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Muddyknees,
I'm not a lawyer but I would think that if the antique store owners are renting the houses, then the yards are part of the rented property. They should have the right to decide who can do what on the property (within reason of course). I would hunt the yards, but would use nothing larger than a small digging tool out of respect for the renters and the manicured lawns.
Good luck and keep us posted.
BRD

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
muddyknees said:
? Ok all, am writing this from the county jail .
? ?no just kidding Ill hit it tomorrow morning wish me luck.
? muddy knees

Have Fun and DON'T WORRY.

There is Nothing you can Damage Forever, By Detecting.

and the ONLY one who can Catch Heck are the Renters for letting you do it.

Which I Highly doubt will happen.

Post your finds.
Jeff

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
its funny..........often times in a situation like this i feel like a criminal or something for hunting a place, but when you think about it.........theres a whole lot more things you could be doing that would be worse! were not robbing the place for crying out loud! only digging a few small holes and filling them back in. pretty mild stuff in the grand scheme of things.

eric in ks

Oct 29, 2005
middle america
I would get to digging. ;D I'd probably take a little towel to put plugs and dirt on. I think most people who give permission to hunt are probably curious themselves as to what is in the ground. Let us know what good stuff pops up. Eric

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
Hunt it.

You have permission from the people that have control of the property.

If you find something of value, it's yours. If you find something the shop owners may have an interest in, share.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Hunt it and do it soon before they change there mind. Be neat and don't leave any sign you were there and you will be fine. I would also try to hunt when they are closed. Sometimes when folks see you digging even though you are not making a mess they will freak out and tell you it may not be a good idea. So do it when they are closed and don't leave a mess and they will never know you were there and you will be able to hunt it as long as you want to. I would also keep quite about what you have found until the hunting is over then if you want to share something with the person who gave you permission that would be great. If you are finding some good stuff and talk to soon you may have company or may be told to stop and they may detect it their self. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread