question for xlt users

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
question for xlt user's

I just got a used xlt from Kellyco ,. I was wondering about the coil stock 9.5 coil on it . I noticed on the xlts ive seen ,ussually there is a rainbow like stick on the coil and for some reason mine doesnt have that is honestly looks like a stock 9.5 coil for a mxt. So my question is if its the wrong 9.5 coil will that make the detector act eratic? And the reason I ask ive tried all the preset programs made proper adjustments as needed and even tried custom programs and its still acting eratic and noisy. I had a mxt and it didnt act like that at all in the area's I detect.

whitesPA

Jul 6, 2005
Re: question for xlt user's

maybe a bad coil happen to me .replaced the coil and it was good as new

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think the rainbow was on the older xlt models. I have one thats 3 years old and it doesnt have a rainbow on it. Just says 950 on it. As for the eratic noise. Could be your pre amp is set to high or your a.c. sensitivity is set too high. If not you could have a bad coil. Good luck the xlt is a nice machine.

Mainer

OP
OP
Ifoundit69

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My coil doesnt say 950 on it has a gold whites sticker , but tried in relic mode at waist hieght and it is noisy as can be , I lowered the pre amp gain and also lowered the ac sensitivity and still very broken and noisy sounding . I will try a new coil .

thanks for your help .

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other

Mine got water in it and started acting like that.
New coil fixed the problem :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread