question on bags

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
Well one of my source banks decided to start charging so i went looking for new source bank.Small local bank is just the ticket....i hope.Head teller said no problem ordering as much or as often as i want.Also have to oreder at least 2k at a time.Told me they get there coins in bags....she is not sure if they are loose or rolled.Im not sure who they order from ill find out when i pick up thursday.How does everyone do on bags compared to boxes...any info would be great. hh jon

Upvote 0

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If they are bags from the rolling company and they have not been mixed with others the potential for good stuff is good, if you happen to get a bag that a bank has had filling up for years or has a collection in it.
The flip side is if the bag is someone elses dumps, most CRHs dump at least $500 to $5000 at a time, so if your getting dumps they will be all skunks.

If they are rolled the potential for finding silver dispersed in the rolls is greater. As they mix $50,000 worth of halves together to make one pallet run at once. so as many bags as it takes to make 50k is all mixed together...of course any collections will run in about the same place, but one banks bag may be split up into anywhere from 2 to as many or more boxes as its distributed in.
This is why ME_CO and myself were finding parts of the same collections at the same time even though we are on different ends of the state. So it just depends.
Also some tellers go though the bags to pull silver before they send them off. Of course they usually miss some or dont know about the 40s but one never knows. Some just dont care or know.

you dont know till ya try, and you really dont know till you run at least 50k or more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread