Question on Box Order PickUps

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010
I normally average four boxes per pickup bank and I'm going to increase that to six at the beginning of the year. I can normally carry the four boxes to the car by myself but there is no way I'm going to attempt six. I'm to clumsy!!! My question is, do any of you guys use a dolly, wagon, or cart? I do have a loading dolly that I'm thinking about making some modifications to but, was curious to see what's worked well for others. I don't think my back can take much more.

Thanks and HH

Agent

Upvote 0

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I get enough strange looks bringing bags into banks.

I can just imagine myself bringing in my little red wagon.

I feel like there is a psych evaluation out there just waiting for me.

Keep on Rollin' !

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a small luggage cart that can roll in/out 5 halve boxes at a time. The kids as school welded a back piece and added a lip bar on three sides for no slip. Works great.

apush :read2:

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the dark force and with my mind I can carry about 20 boxes just by my self.

J.K.

I never do high volumes. The most I have gotten is 2 boxes one time.

Darth Walker

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Increase your account balance and you'll earn more clout. I don't carry my boxes anymore. One of the tellers loads them on their dolly and takes them to my car. Head Teller calls me and asks when she can order me more coin. They get deliveries everyday and I could have a steady flow to pick-up everyday, but the tedium of searching gets to be like work.

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Diver_Down said:
Increase your account balance and you'll earn more clout. I don't carry my boxes anymore. One of the tellers loads them on their dolly and takes them to my car. Head Teller calls me and asks when she can order me more coin. They get deliveries everyday and I could have a steady flow to pick-up everyday, but the tedium of searching gets to be like work.
Are you telling me that these banks dont respect my 100 dollar minimum? They always told me it was a good size...
N8

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy 4 boxes per week from my one supply bank. One of the tellers, a woman, about 45 years old, 5' 9" inches, and pretty close to her ideal weight, carried the 4 boxes out of the vault one day---all at once. She didn't seem to be straining.

I certainly don't want to carry more than 4 boxes at once. Even then, those yellow String flat boxes are hard to handle. I have twice either dropped one or had one fall off my car while opening the door. The double-layer Brinks boxes were easier to carry.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
You guys carry 4 boxes of halves to the car?

I can easily handle 2 half boxes on my shoulder, but the last time I tried to carry 4 boxes, stacked upon each other, in my arms, I nearly fell as I raced and stumbled to the car!

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
clovis97 said:
You guys carry 4 boxes of halves to the car?

I can easily handle 2 half boxes on my shoulder, but the last time I tried to carry 4 boxes, stacked upon each other, in my arms, I nearly fell as I raced and stumbled to the car!

Ive never weighed a box before, and I am sure someone can and will or someone has, but I would guess they only weigh about 25 pounds. So you do the math on what you could comfortably carry. I can bench about 12.5 boxes.
N8

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Diver_Down said:
I don't carry my boxes anymore. One of the tellers loads them on their dolly and takes them to my car.
I've had offers of help also, I always give a polite no thank you. I see no reason that someone else, male or female, should have to lift all of my boxes any more than absolutely necessary. I'd personally feel like a jerk if I was doing that. Why should they have to lift a bunch of boxes just so I can search for silver? I'd hardly consider that a part of their regular job duties.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Legend has it Rich used to carry upto 7 boxes at a time. He was the man!

OP
OP
AgentX

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010
Thanks for the replies,

I seriously thought about using my radio flyer wagon!

Made some modifications for my dolly that should work. Last time I used it soon as I tried to take it over the curb four boxes shifted and fell out of the back. Nothing like scraping up busted rolls of halves from a parking lot on the last Friday of the month: Payday :whip2:

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
n8dagr8345 said:
clovis97 said:
Ive never weighed a box before, and I am sure someone can and will or someone has, but I would guess they only weigh about 25 pounds. So you do the math on what you could comfortably carry. I can bench about 12.5 boxes.
N8

You are exactly right. $500 face of dimes, quarters or halves weighs almost exactly 25lbs. Of course if it was all 90% would probably be about 28 lbs or more! I started weighing all my bags off the machine before I opened them when I got shorted over $200. So, now I know what they should weigh... Never carried more than $1500, and that was pretty darn heavy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread