Question On Garrett Master Sound Headsets Supplied By Garrett???

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I have been using the Master Sound headsets for many many years, as Garrett often supplies them with a lot of their various metal detectors? They have always seemed to hold up well, had been water dunked with no consequences and have been repaired by myself a couple of times. Sometimes I wonder if I am missing out on some benefits of other brands. Some of the electronic stores have walls covered with different makes and models, some costing very little, while others in the hundreds of dollars.
So.........are you using your Master Sound headsets currently, or have you opted to use another brand? If so why? Were the new brands expensive? Large cuffs, small cuffs, duel volume controls? Were the other brands much better? What would you suggest?

Father's day is soon coming and my wifey wants some information.....:laughing7:

1603000_headphones_deluxe_2.jpg

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received Treasure Wise phones with my Garrett Ace 350, they look identical to the Garrett Master Sound phones that came with a friends Garrett ATP. They seem to be in the same price range if you were to buy them, I can't really comment on any other brands. I can't imagine that your missing much in that price range though.

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine have held up very well too except that I did need to rewire the plug once. By the way, the plug is wired MONO so I am not sure why they have the MONO-STEREO switch. It seems to make no difference with the Infinium LS.

IMO it seems unlikely that "upgrading" to fancier 3rd party earphones will make much difference. I cannot imagine that my Sennheiser headphones would survive a drop in salt water. I can say that it is important that you have earphones that block out ambient noise by covering your entire ear. It might be interesting to see how some of the Bose noise reduction earphones work, but they are really expensive and would probably be permanently damaged if they got wet.

I also have the Clear Sound Easy Stow headphone and find them quite uncomfortable compared to the Master Sound.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used the Black Widow and Grey Ghost headphone for a long time and they really make a difference in hearing the faint whispers of a signal. I don't use any of the manufactures headphones as they aren't in the same ball park as the Detector Pro's. Black Widow headphones.jpg

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Detector pro has been selling headsets for years......

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman do you use the waterproof ones from Detector Pro or the standard. I thought if I was out and it started raining I would be covered... but since the water proof headphones use a method that changes the sound to protect the connection does it affects the tone I don't know if I want to do that. Is the tone that different? Sandman I think you are the go to guy on this question.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread