ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you can do is ask. Its very hit-or-miss. I prefer CWRs, but they can be very hard to find.

OP
OP
hellzpriest

hellzpriest

Nov 6, 2012
Do u guys ask for coins at other retailers or just banks? If so how where your experiences

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is tons of information on this topic via the other threads but yes I would start and end with banks..To find halfs you have to think where they would be if you had some and needed to turn them into cash, thats what you're looking for those people that need the money and end up turning in their dads silver for worthless paper..It can be frustrating, a lot of times its hard to even find a bank that has ANY halfs maybe 1.50 worth etc..For example I called 10 banks today and only one bank had 1.50 worth..But if you dont call you never know..I found 154 40 percenters at one bank just making one random call to a bank i've never heard of..thats what its all about, just wing it..thats what I try to remember whenever I dont feel like calling banks on a certain day, gotta remember the huge score to keep you going! I think the majority of the retail half's get scooped up by the teenage cashiers because they are cool or different and also because there is no place for them in a standard register..My experience with banks has been for the most part good, you just have to remember they are doing their job and are there to serve you, asking for halves isn't too out of the ordinary since it is in fact MONEY! Going into a bank for the first time asking for halves can be nerve wracking, I know the first time I asked for halves I felt like I was asking a girl on a date, nervous as all get out! But you will find that fades away a bit the more you do it. If they say no always say thank you, makes the rejection less hurtful..Its just like anything you get better as you go! On the positive side, if tellers say they don't have any halves, its a HUGE indicator that you know there is no other dumpers/searchers in your area..If this is the case you should get to ordering your first box and let the games begin. Its not too shocking to find at least one 40 percenter every few boxes, be on the lookout for proof coins too. I prefer CWR but you never know what you may get in a box especially if there is no CWR in your area..Just my two cents! Good luck!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life is like a box of halves, you never know what you're going to get.

OP
OP
hellzpriest

hellzpriest

Nov 6, 2012
Thanks OnARoll i appreciate your input. The most ive gotten was 2 rolls of halves both skunked. But i would really enjoy to search atleast a box. Pennies are my favorite as i find foreign and wheats. I hand search every coin i recieve. Cause you never know. Errors and such could bring collectors value that u could sell to buy some bars and more boxes :)

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with hellz, pennies are alot of fun

OP
OP
hellzpriest

hellzpriest

Nov 6, 2012
Ive accumulated about $150 or so in copper cents. On ebay $100 is selling for $150-$200 depending on the day. But almost every post is selling.

OP
OP
hellzpriest

hellzpriest

Nov 6, 2012
But i believe pennies are the most fun to search and brings profit in every box. Cause i use the profit from pennies to search more boxes and to buy silver bullion. Turning a base metal into a precious metal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread