Question on Racer 2 Coil

Morpheus32

Jun 28, 2017
Edmonton
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Delta 4000, Makro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A buddy of mine has an AT Pro and he has a good idea where on the coil the strongest signal and pinpoint presents off of. Does anyone know this for the Racer 2 coils? I have the Pro Pack so the RC29V DD Search Coil (11"x7") & RC13E DD Search Coil (5"). Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am getting close but not close enough for my liking. I have had the Racer 2 for a week and having a great time working the park across the street from my home. 10 good coins a night, every night since I got it. Very happy.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

DD coils don't pinpoint as well as concentric coils so with the Racer's DD I've found two methods that perform pretty well. For shallow coins, I pinpoint off the front or toe of the coil. I do this by getting centered over the target left to right and then pull the coil back towards me until I lose the signal. The coin will be just off the toe. For deeper coins, it's the left - right, turn 90 degrees and do the same. The target will be straight below the the vertical & horizontal intersection. Some times it's difficult to keep an eye on where these lines intersect so I'll scratch a line in the soil or grass with my probe, after centering the coil left to right, and scratch another after turning 90 degrees and doing the same. X marks the spot.

DD coils don't pinpoint as well as concentric coils so with the Racer's DD I've found two methods that perform pretty well. For shallow coins, I pinpoint off the front or toe of the coil. I do this by getting centered over the target left to right and then pull the coil back towards me until I lose the signal. The coin will be just off the toe. For deeper coins, it's the left - right, turn 90 degrees and do the same. The target will be straight below the the vertical & horizontal intersection. Some times it's difficult to keep an eye on where these lines intersect so I'll scratch a line in the soil or grass with my probe, after centering the coil left to right, and scratch another after turning 90 degrees and doing the same. X marks the spot.

Thanks. Great info. Going to head out and give it a whirl.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back