Impact on coin shooting!

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had a chance to swing the Impact on about 8-10 hunts so far and have to say I am learning the tones and some of the programs and what they can do. I am the most comfortable with the di99 program. I have went to places that I had hit many times with my ATpro and didn't think I would find much and with the small coil was able to surprise myself and make it worth my while. Then my last 2 hunts I was in a secured area that I know had rarely if ever been hunted before. Now mind you it is only about 30 years old so I knew I the likely hood of finding silver would be next to none but being a high school there could be rings and such. On my first at this location hunt last week of 4 hours I found 68 quarters and 15 dimes 15 pennies 1 nickel and 1 dollar aj. I was very surprised. Then today in the same place I found another 45 quarters 20 dimes and 17 pennies. Again very happy to dig that much coins. My hunting partner has a brand new detector and is still learning it so that is another reason we have put the time in there. We have found a few older areas to hunt but are not as secure so will see what we can find. All in all it was about $33.00 in clad for 2 hunts or about 8 hours. HH to y'all

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DI99 is my favorite mode with this machine! To get the real benefit of this mode you really need to bring your swing speed to a snails pace, just short of actually stopping. This detector is so great at separation that if you swing a little too fast in DI99 all you will get is noise in the audio and ID's all over the map. I swing super slow and when I get an ID I'm interested in, I double sweep it for consistent ID and swing again at 90 degrees to see if the signal is the same. This detector is in my opinion one of the best on the market in a trashy place. A lot of folks use the DI3, DI4 and the VLX modes for hunting. These are the easiest modes to get a handle on this machine. I use DI99 most often everywhere and use DI3 with modified DISC and tone notching for park hunting. I still go back to DI99 almost every time because it gives the most detailed image to me as far as audio and ID's.

OP
OP
Coil-2-Soil

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree. You have to swing it slow and it will separate good and bad signals easier for you to hear. Then I swing from a few other directions and check for the same reading. To me I feel this is a very solid machine and hopefully with time I will be able coax out some targets using some of the other programs as well. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread