Question to Infinium users

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
(as per reply on Infinium forum) Yes....try re-ground balancing the unit, slow down with your swings and if you are in water which is close but below the box, try submerging the box into the water. Also, make sure your sweeps keep the coil absolutely parallel to sand at all times. It is a sensitive animal isn't it! :thumbsup:

Hope this helps....

John

Attachments

• infinium_display.jpg
    infinium_display.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 234

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John is right about his suggestions to slow down and re-ground balancing the detector. Also don't swing it pendulum style but keep the coil even with the ground.

OP
OP
scrooge

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS
thanks for the help. I don't think I can slow down much more. I went out today got 21 cents, the assorted bottle cap, a rusty fishing lure and pull tabs. I am finding things so I figure it will just be a matter of time before the ring pops up.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I have found this very helpful

Posted by Black Davy

Agressive GB Fast, slow and lock
Make sure both dissc and threshold knobs are set at absolute 0
Turn the threshold knob to the freq adj/ max position
Turn the disc to iron check/max position, pause and then turn vack to absolute 0
Turn threshold knob back to absolute min-right before you get back to absolute min position the unit will go extremely slent-you will think the unjit has turned off but it has not

Down here in the gulf I still find that I have to turn the disc up to 2, 2 1/2, scrub the coil and G O S L O W

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scrooge...... John and Erikk hit it right on the head. I also hunt the gulf with my LS, and usually have to turn the discrimination up as Erikk said. Most of us on the boards consider John an expert when it comes to the Infinium. I have met and talked with Erikk and he certainly does quite well with his....If the suggestions in the above posts don't help you ,may want to consider having Garrett check out your detector and coil.....i understand Garrett has a new coil which is greatly improved..... good luck and happy hunting.
rdi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread