I Got My Hands On A Garrett Scorpion And It Should Be Here Soon

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Another machine on its way. (one can never own too many :)) I have always admired this metal detector. It's been around for some time, and I know many people have found gold nuggets with it. It was always marketed as a gold seeking metal detector, but it is very unique in that it also doubles up as a great coin hunter too. It has a true all metal mode, which should give some nice depth. I know on GTI 2500 and Grandmaster CX each have a true all metal mode and I utilize it all the time. It's one of those extras that sets it apart from other machines. The Scorpion also has a TR mode, great for target separation in trashy areas and a motion discriminate for coin searching. This detector utilizes a uses a Garrett patented Groundhog 15 kHz circuitry which should make the machine more sensitive to gold rings. I am going to take this machine to some of my favorite spots and see how it checks out. :)

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 155

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This detector is a sleeper due to it's TR circuitry. You should have a lot of fun using this detector. I wish I still had mine.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I have some sites just littered with nails and junk. I am guessing that the TR mode is going to do a much better job getting coins which are more masked using my other detectors with motion discrimination modes. I think its a real bargain....a "TR" mode, a "TRUE ALL METAL MODE" and a "Motion Discrimination Mode" all built into one machine. I know putting in the batteries can be a pain, but every metal detector manages to have some warts.

How long ago did you sell your Scorpion Sandman? Did you use it for any prospecting, or just general coin/relic/jewellry hunting?

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
Hey John,

I'm also going to get one soon! I've heard it has a slight learning curve, but once understood :icon_study: works very well.

It should be hot on the gold with the 15khz frequency (quite alot of gold over the years has been found with this detector too)!

Also, look into the smaller additional coil for the trashy areas.

Have fun and keep us posted with the results! :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread