Question... What did Jesus and a Gulf Service Station have in common -- in 1954?

vscience

Jun 23, 2012
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Advertising!
I recently found this 1954 calendar on a camping trip. It's totally unique in that it combines Jesus, Gulf Service Station, and a Calendar in an advertising pitch. As far as I know, Gulf Service Stations don't promote religious advertising anymore. Jesus is knocking on my door but I'll probably put it up on Ebay.

Bud O'Dell's Place
"A Home Owned Store"
Gulf Service Station
Nallen, West VA

Primo shape. Calendar never used.
In a oak picture frame.

100_9202.jpg

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty cool calendar. I'm sure it's Jesus because of the Halo and clothes. Unless it's some OPEC guy foretelling the future. Mr. Odell was proud of the store he owned and his religion, something not very in fashion these days...

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course how dare anyone other than a Muslim be proud of their faith and if you do there's some crybaby saying the picture of Jesus offended them and wants to take you to court for mental anguish. One day, one day, I do hope im at the front of the judgment line so I don't have to be behind all the ppl trying to make up excuses for what they did.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread