Question-with pictures

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Here's pics of half the finds from one creek walk of last year, found by the wife. She had a couple questions: 1) Does the small broken piece on the far right a bottom of an arrowhead? It's a strange shape to us. And 2) The piece second from the left--is this even an artifact? The wife has found LOTS of pieces worked on one side but completely smooth or almost so on the other & they do not appear to be flakes (or are they?)

Attachments

• DSCN5269.JPG
    DSCN5269.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 763
  • DSCN5270.JPG
    DSCN5270.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 823
Upvote 0

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
The three on the left look good first one is a nice point, the second a knife and third cutting tool maybe, not sure about that piece on the right.

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
i agree all look real artifacts, the one on the right looks like a small drill with a carving spur on one side. nice. Terry

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All are the real thing...the 1st one is one stunning find.

OP
OP
werleibr

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
The wife had to throw that one in the pictures so that in her words didn't have a bunch of non eye candy ones. She really loves that point on the left with its "stitches" as she calls them.

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice point on the left. Far right, perforator/drill .

flintmel

Feb 3, 2012
Ct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, that first one's a smoker! All the pieces have been worked by acient man, last one looks like it may be a base thats been reworked?

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
i for one am very happy that she did add the first one i think a [jacks reef cornetr notched point , mother nature's stiches in man made projectile point. I like it! next 2 knife and scrapper back edges they left not sharp so no cut self instead of food. last one a drill with carving spure not sure if made as drill or may be a reworked lancolate point. Terry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread