questions about multi sensor and magnetometers?

gabriel2011

Greenie
Sep 29, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello friends
excuse me. my english is bad and i use translator.

a person proposed me that multi sensor pro (by accurate locators, usa) is proper unit for treasure hunting and it can detect 10cm*10cm*10cm box in 1.5m to 2m depth in minaral gorund (ground is dry). and say, it can work in water and wet groung as well as dry ground. so humidity of ground can not effect on operation and performance of magnetometer units like multi sensor.

Questions:
1- can humidity of ground effect on performance of multi sensor? how much?
2- what depth multi sensor can detect 10cm *10cm box?
3- can multi sensor or other magnetometers units detect gold and silver ancient object, or only it can detect ferrous objects? if yes so, between magnetometers, which magnetometer is proper for me (for detecting of gold and siver ancient object and cache)?

OP
OP
gabriel2011

gabriel2011

Greenie
Sep 29, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i repeat Questions:
3- can multi sensor or other magnetometers units detect gold and silver ancient object, or only it can detect ferrous objects? if yes so, between magnetometers, which magnetometer is proper for me (for detecting of gold and siver ancient object and cache)?

OP
OP
gabriel2011

gabriel2011

Greenie
Sep 29, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
gabriel2011 said:
i repeat Questions:

1 - what is a multi sensor?
2 - what multi sensor?
3 - a magnetometer is not a metal detector. a magnetometer will not detect gold and silver
4 - what is a multi sensor?

multi sensor is magnetometer. site: http://www.accuratelocators.com/Multi_Sensor_Pro.html
accurate locators say it is a treasure hunter unit :
"The Accurate Locator Multi Sensor Pro ART is a state of the art visual imaging sensor system that is well suited for both the utility locator as well as the professional gold prospector and treasure hunter."

OP
OP
gabriel2011

gabriel2011

Greenie
Sep 29, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
gabriel2011 said:
multi sensor is magnetometer. site: http://www.accuratelocators.com/Multi_Sensor_Pro.html
accurate locators say it is a treasure hunter unit :
"The Accurate Locator Multi Sensor Pro ART is a state of the art visual imaging sensor system that is well suited for both the utility locator as well as the professional gold prospector and treasure hunter."

Sounds like a visual imaging system to me. Do you even know what a magnetometer is?

yes. i know.

jesus

May 9, 2009
Hola Gabriel, espero hables español, lo hago en este idioma porque yo tampoco domino del todo el ingles. Respecto a tus preguntas tratare de responder algunas aunque no poseo el aparato que mencionas, solo he leido algo de ellos. No detectan oro, plata o metales finos, a no ser que esten contenido o en relacion con algo ferroso, se usan incluso a grandes profundidades bajo el agua asi es que la humedad pienso no debe ser un obstaculo de importancia, la deteccion de la caja que mencionas si es ferrosa tal vez el limite maximo sea un metro de profundidad de acuerdo a otros magnetometros que no difieren mucho del que mencionas solo que este multisensor tiene un sofware el cual sera mas claro en cuantos mas sensores se usen que en este en especial deben ser del tipo fluxgate. Miralo como un arma mas con sus ventajas y desventajas en tus exploraciones.Suerte

Great Alex

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2007
it works only on ancient buried non-fe gold/silver objects bigger than 1 litr vol
fresh ferrous could detect

Willy Bayot

Greenie
Nov 24, 2007
jesus said:
Hola Gabriel, espero hables español, lo hago en este idioma porque yo tampoco domino del todo el ingles. Respecto a tus preguntas tratare de responder algunas aunque no poseo el aparato que mencionas, solo he leido algo de ellos. No detectan oro, plata o metales finos, a no ser que esten contenido o en relacion con algo ferroso, se usan incluso a grandes profundidades bajo el agua asi es que la humedad pienso no debe ser un obstaculo de importancia, la deteccion de la caja que mencionas si es ferrosa tal vez el limite maximo sea un metro de profundidad de acuerdo a otros magnetometros que no difieren mucho del que mencionas solo que este multisensor tiene un sofware el cual sera mas claro en cuantos mas sensores se usen que en este en especial deben ser del tipo fluxgate. Miralo como un arma mas con sus ventajas y desventajas en tus exploraciones.Suerte

I do not agree with the sentence marked in RED.
True magnetometers can detect targets much deeper than one meter (3ft). It just depends on the mass of iron and the sensitivity of the instrument. Actually, a mass of one ton (like a car) can be detected at 20meters.

Willy

jesus

May 9, 2009
You are wright Willie, but Gabriel said of a little box 10x10cms it is very small and some magnetometers can detect something that 1 meter or minus, in few words more mass more easy to be detected for magnetometer.

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
I use a Cesium Magnetometer often and i can tell you i have found single cannon balls 2+ meters away...

A magnetometer will only detect FERROUS Objects...

Humidity does not effect the unit.. I use it in the Ocean.

For anything else i would recommend either a Timing gate detector--- (Geonics/metal detectors) or a Minelab GPX 4800 or 5000...

These detectors are proven to find object very deeply buried....

Good Luck!

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
It's funny that Accurate Locators doesn't say what the technology is, they are very hazy on what it's supposed to do, and the user's manual doesn't add much more information and I strongly suspect that some is intentional misinformation. It's clear that they're hoping you buy it because you're impressed with all the whizzbang computer gadgetry, not because of its detection technology.

One can deduce from their statements that it does contain some sort of DC magnetic sensors, but evidently improperly nulled; and possibly a VLF detection system of some sort as well although it's not clear whether that would be a metal detector or more like VLF geophysical apparatus using military transmitters. Another possibility is that they've got a really bad VLF system of some sort that can't even reject earth field.

It does seem to be some sort of real technology, not a so-called "LRL". But the fact they don't want to say what technology and they intend the purchaser to be confused as to what the machine actually is or does, you can bet that performance-wise it's darn near useless. (The computerized features are probably in that same category-- can't even tell from the user's manual what those features are or how to use them.) Their one-hour training is probably done on their specially prepared test site where they control everything and anything they need to fake they can.

If anyone from Accurate Locators disagrees with this assessment, I invite them to post here what the heck it really is and what the heck it really does.

--Toto

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread