Questions on 1909-S VDB Wheat Penny

taltexan

Feb 9, 2010
I dug this coin yesterday along with several other wheat's and 3 silver dimes. Didn't know what I had until I started to clean the wheat's. Coin is in relativity good condition. Any idea to a realistic value and would olive oil remove the remaining dirt without harming the value of coin? Thanks

Attachments

• DSC04531.jpg
    DSC04531.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,654
  • DSC04532.jpg
    DSC04532.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,573
Upvote 0

CoinDigger57

Jun 18, 2011
Wheeling, W.Va.
Detector(s) used
MineLab Etrac
DO NOT CLEAN that coin!!! You will do far more damage than good. Put in a 2x2 coin holder and get a Coin World or Numistmatic News publication at you local book/magazine store. You'll find the going price for this coin in there. Red Books are not accurate for pricing. They give a general idea of value but prices change often. You've got a dandy there, a key date that any collector would love to have! Congratulations on your great find.... :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
T

taltexan

Feb 9, 2010
Thanks for the links VW..... If you will check that same forum there is a thread on this coin. I took the coin to a dealer yesterday and his opinion is the coin is genuine. Coin is on it way to PCGS....

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
taltexan said:
Thanks for the links VW..... If you will check that same forum there is a thread on this coin. I took the coin to a dealer yesterday and his opinion is the coin is genuine. Coin is on it way to PCGS....
Probably means coin is authentic. Congratulations!

I would have sent it to PCGS as well. Hoping for the best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread