Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The plan was to not go today. Mid to upper 30s with wind gusts of 25 but I couldn't stand it so I went to the iron infested site for 2hrs. I got a sniper coil in March and haven't used it much because I don't like it so I thought I would give it another try. It did better today, I just need to learn it. You have to go slow with a short swing and really listen but I'm getting the hang of it. This site is about cleaned out for good finds but I did ok till I froze out. ( I hate the wind!!) Here are my meager finds. Thanks for looking. uploadfromtaptalk1460220700675.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460220711685.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460220728000.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460220739714.jpguploadfromtaptalk1460220749285.jpg

HH, Relic Nut

Upvote 7
Here is a better picture of the fork. It's very fragile so I didn't clean ituploadfromtaptalk1460220965515.jpg

HH, Relic Nut

Nice hunt considering the conditions, some of my best finds happen when I kinda want to go and kinda dont...congrats.

Love the button! Very cool

Cool button. Last week I went out. 40 degree's with 50 mile an hour winds. :laughing7: Dug one plug, got one nail, and left. That was a bit much. Congrats on gettin' out Nut:thumbsup:

Three things I don't think I like. The tiny coil, (I haven't tried), hunting solo, and the wind. Still, you got out. Looks like a fine lil outing.

Do those sniper coils actually help anything? Don't look like they could go very deep. :dontknow:

Three things I don't think I like. The tiny coil, (I haven't tried), hunting solo, and the wind. Still, you got out. Looks like a fine lil outing.

Do those sniper coils actually help anything? Don't look like they could go very deep. :dontknow:

Some folks swear by them in trashy areas like I was at today. I haven't had mine long and am trying to keep an open mind. So far I don't think it was worth the money. I seem to be able to separate just as well with the 5x8 and don't sacrifice depth. I'll give it a little more time though, it may be me.

HH, Relic Nut

Some folks swear by them in trashy areas like I was at today. I haven't had mine long and am trying to keep an open mind. So far I don't think it was worth the money. I seem to be able to separate just as well with the 5x8 and don't sacrifice depth. I'll give it a little more time though, it may be me

HH, Relic Nut
The 5 X 8 on the AT PRO makes a big difference in trashy areas. We do have our fair share of trash in NYC Parks.
Good luck with the smaller coil.

The 5 X 8 on the AT PRO makes a big difference in trashy areas. We do have our fair share of trash in NYC Parks.
Good luck with the smaller coil.
I love my 5x8. Use it most of the time unless I'm in a big field or camp. Wife bought me the sniper and I may sell it. Don't tell her that

HH, Relic Nut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back