Quick ESP test

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Greetings,

All this discussion and debate over tests for dowsing gave me an idea. How about a little internet ESP test, for fun?

I carry a silver dollar in my wallet, now, using only your ESP, dowsing, pendulum or simple guessing - what is the DATE on this coin?

(Prize? Public recognition of your abilities! ;D :D ;) Plus an "attaboy" or girl as the case may be.)

Post your answers here in this thread, please and ONE date per post.

Oroblanco

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Lat=31.95025 N, Lon=-109.71408 W; - however I have not worked out your date, which appears to be 1052-5 (=1047) so...at the moment looks like a possible miss. Good shot though mi amigo!

Oroblanco

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Dang Stoney! The date was incorrect, but the correct pocket and it IS wrapped, but in vinyl, a coin case - good shot! ;)

Oroblanco

PS friends it is a silver dollar, I would not carry an ancient Carthaginian coin around like that even though I do collect them, so you can rule out anything TOO ancient for a date, if you were getting that kind of 'signal'. Not pulling a trick test on you!

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Good try Judy! Not a hit though, sorry my friend.

Oroblanco

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first thought was 1888

but almost typed 1900

a guess of course

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
1921 in xf condition with a sweat ring on your billfold from it being in there so long
Eddy

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
WE HAVE A WINNER!!! 8)

Lucky1777 - got it correct, it IS a 1923 D! How in the heck did you get it???? :o :o :o You don't know me, in person right? I sure never told anyone!

We had several good guesses though, and pretty danged close too - and Eddie, you are correct, it has left quite an impression in the wallet. You folks amaze me, I really thought no one would ever get it THAT fast! Jean, the "liberty" on the obverse IS quite crisp and clear too!

Attaboy Lucky1777 - if you ever have any spare 'lottery number' suggestions, please feel free to share them! ;D

A very surprised Oroblanco :o ???

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
I agree Judy! If you look at how few guesses were actually made, versus how many were close and one spot-on, would it fit within the mathematical chance projection? I seriously doubt it.

Oroblanco

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
This is still baffling me - there were only 14 guesses, out of those, three were close and one exactly on. When I said "a silver dollar" I didn't mention any span of time - so the date could have been from 1795 to 1964, or even later since they still make a silver "dollar" today (these are very pretty too - 100% pure silver and one ounce) heck for that matter the silver dollar was in use long before it became a US currency - there were Dutch silver 'daalders' and Spanish dollars were legal tender in the US up to the 1830s. So out of perhaps 3-400 years span of possible dates, with fourteen guesses, we get three close and one exact!

Oroblanco, now working out some chance figures...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread