Quick Fisher respond !

Normann

Mar 18, 2009
Thailand
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Seahunter Mark II,Fisher Goldbug 2
Hello everyone, today i had to send back my new Goldbug 2. It is impossible to grounballance , and the groundballance knob was loos so i send a e mail to Fisher labs. After reading some other post i was sceptical to how long time this is going to take.
They started very good, i send a mail to Kellyco at the same time,but haven't heard from them yet. Se the time from sending my mail, and time i got a mail back. I hope they follow up the good work. :thumbsup:

My mail

Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:56:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Hello,i got problems with my Goldbug 2. It want groundbalance. I tryed with both coils and no groundbalancing. I cant even balance out a coconut :-)
It has been like this from start. It barking like a dog when lowering the coil, inn all tre mineralsetting.I have never heard anything when lifting the coil,no mather settings.
And the groundballance knob needs to be thightened, its very loose.
It is a new unit,bought from Kellyco Metal Detectors delivered to me January this year.

Respond to my mail took 53 min !

Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:49:20 PM

You may use RA # to send in the GB 2, place the number on the outside of the box when you send the unit.

You also need to place a copy of the sales receipt inside with the unit so we can do a warranty repair.

Ship to:

Fisher Labs

Attn: Repairs

Reference: RA #

1465 H – Henry Brennan

El Paso, TX 79936

You must specify the “classification code” 9801.00.2500 on the customs documentation, if this code is not specified and we are charged for duties you may be held responsible for those costs.

Thank you,

Felix

Fisher Labs

Good luck, Norman

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The bad news is that either KellyCo or Fisher will probably require you to pay for the shipping to get it to them. From Thailand (or Norway) that could be a lump of change.

OP
OP
Normann

Normann

Mar 18, 2009
Thailand
Detector(s) used
Charlie P. (NY) said:
The bad news is that either KellyCo or Fisher will probably require you to pay for the shipping to get it to them. From Thailand (or Norway) that could be a lump of change.
Yes you are right about that, i shipped it with DHL and paid 75 usd. Its from Thailand and take 4 days delivered to the door. I dont know about the returnshipping, i gess i have to pay it. Even its a brand new unit. I will keep you uppdated.
And still no words from Kellyco.

Good luck Normann

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normann said:
Charlie P. (NY) said:
Yes you are right about that, i shipped it with DHL and paid 75 usd. Its from Thailand and take 4 days delivered to the door. I dont know about the returnshipping, i gess i have to pay it. Even its a brand new unit. I will keep you uppdated.

Good luck Normann
No words from Kellyco Huh? Good luck with the Fisher. I won't buy another myself.

OP
OP
Normann

Normann

Mar 18, 2009
Thailand
Detector(s) used
Sandman said:
Normann said:
Charlie P. (NY) said:

Good luck Normann
No words from Kellyco Huh? Good luck with the Fisher. I won't buy another myself.
Today i got a mail from Fisher service, my Goldbug 2 is on its way back to Thailand. I dont have to pay the return shipping. That was lightning fast service ! and wery good comunication. And yes i am going to buy another Fisher, a f 70.
And Sandman thank you for wishing me Good luck with the Fisher, maby i need some advice from you pro laiter down the road.

Good luck Normann

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is always good to have them get back to you right away. They don't understand we are counting the minutes to get our baby back. :laughing7:

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oldbill said:
KellyCo, just wants Your Money they don't want Your problems!

I have to tell you oldbill that your statement is completely untrue. The only way we can improve Kellyco is to know where we need to improve and hearing problems is how we can do that. I am open to hearing any of your issues. I would prefer that you send me a private message for your issues as public posts can spiral into unnecessary bashing of the company but we(Kellyco) want to fix the issues that you may have to make our company better and our customer's experience better.

With this said, I see that by the post you made, you have had some negative experience yourself so if you would like to address them I will be glad to give you my time. Send me a PM or give me a call or email anytime and I will do my best to fix what I can.

I can be reached at the following:

Dan Gerrell aka. MetDetDevl
Director of eCommerce & Technology
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]
407-699-5919

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I'm not going to "bash" anybody or any company, but in spite of never having had any problem with KellyCo's sending me anything on time or it being in good condition when it arrived, the only thing I had troubles with is that some individuals working there give out wrong advice when recommending metal detectors.

Contrary to what I was told by a KellyCo employee, A metal detector WILL NOT work the same way on a Florida salt beach than it will on a California salt beach or an Oregon football field.

I laughed when that person told me that :laughing9:

LL

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
When i talked to Kellyco about getting a Safari or Quattro or Explorer that sales person wanted me to buy the detector that cost the most and that was the Explorer. So here is what he told me that the Explorer run on 28 simultaneous frequencies from 1.5 kHz - 100 kHz now that was right....... BUT THEN downplayed the Quattro & Safari telling me that the Quattro & Safari run on 28 simultaneous frequencies BUT HERE IS THE DOWN PLAY but from 1.5kHz to 75 kHz. he must have thought i was new to detecting or stupid... SO I DID NOT BUY ANY OF THERE DETECTORS.

metdetdevl

Sep 14, 2007
Winter Springs, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This topic has gotten a little off target but that is ok. LuckyLarry and Keppy, I would like to know who each of you spoke to because it appears we need to do some retraining in the sales department. The comparison that you are looking for is online at the link below.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/compare/?a=94,25,2

All 3 have the same frequencies 1.5kHz to 100kHz and are posted in black and white online.

There are some differences between the three which depending on your needs and preferences can make or break the decision that you make.

Please do me a favor and let me know via PM who you spoke with so I can address the retraining with the Sales Manager. The last thing we want to do is put anyone in a machine that is not right for the area or use that they need.

Thanks,
Dan Gerrell aka. MetDetDevl
Director of eCommerce & Technology
Kellyco Metal Detectors
[email protected]
http://www.kellycodetectors.com

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still unconvinced it's better to beoadcast a bunch of frequencies vs. one well sent and well received frequency. When did sending a committee ever beat sending a single good decision maker for a fast response? :D

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Well folks, I don't know many people here save for maybe Keppy a bit, and Sandman a great deal more, because he one of the Masters here...

But here is how I see it:

Selling metal detectors is a lot like selling shoes, EVERYBODY uses them differently. Some people try to sell either one so as to help the customer. Some try to sell them in order to make a bit of money. And then there are those Like Al Gore.
OOPS!
I mean Al Bundy, a man who doesn't really know that much about anything anyway because he's just an actor, or as in the TV show - mostly a red-necked, bungling ex hi-school football star turned bad shoe-salseman, who TRIES TO HELP the fat lady fit into the shoes anyway..

Yes, I have had more than one person at hundreds of different companies with hundreds of different employees make little mistakes when talking about a product. In fact even on here there are many well-experienced people who don't know that soil in areas other than theirs, can be wretched! Many think there is no difference.

In my soils here in the Pac NW (MOST) Minelabs and (MOST) Garretts have considerable trouble with this awful stuff, but Fishers and White's don't seem to as much. But when people are really and truly trying to help me as Kellyco people were, I don't get angry at their lack of knowledge at all, I usually laugh it off and go find something good to eat and forget about the mistake 5 minutes later, thinking "maybe someone will tell them"..

I don't hold people at KellyCo responsible, but I do think it's funny when they think wrongly about a product. Sure, there are some parameters for employees to follow when selling a product, but one or two or even three little mistakes is not something to get very upset about, and I'm not.

BTW, Minelab multi-freqs don't run 1.5 Khz to 100 Khz simultaneously anyway. They run with a square wave, with harmonics being carried along and decoded so as to produce different freqs after-the-fact, at the receiver end. If all frequencies were actually running at the same time on a single carrier, it would make the detector sound a lot like popcorn machines and police sirens running at full volume at a 5 year old's birthday party - all at the same time. Multi-frequency transmission was NOT invented by Minelab or Westinghouse either, it was first introduced into the old telegraph days some 100+ years ago, and eventually morphed into telephones lines via multiplexing and later into binary or other numbering system codes, including systems with 4 or 8 or 3, etc number systems. Some of us here remember hearing several voices speaking all at the same time clear back into the early 1950's, the 50 or so year halfway mark of multiplexing (running several freqs or harmonics at the same time). I was a novice electronics tech back in the early 60's at the ripe old age of 16 or so, about 50 years ago.

No, I don't think that the KellyCo employee(s) are geniuses, nor do I expect them to behave as if they know everything or that they are infallible, I just think they are human and I normally let it go at that, after having a giggle or two.

LL

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
LuckyLarry said:
Well folks, I don't know many people here save for maybe Keppy a bit, and Sandman a great deal more, because he one of the Masters here...

But here is how I see it:

Selling metal detectors is a lot like selling shoes, EVERYBODY uses them differently. Some people try to sell either one so as to help the customer. Some try to sell them in order to make a bit of money. And then there are those Like Al Gore.
OOPS!
I mean Al Bundy, a man who doesn't really know that much about anything anyway because he's just an actor, or as in the TV show - mostly a red-necked, bungling ex hi-school football star turned bad shoe-salseman, who TRIES TO HELP the fat lady fit into the shoes anyway..

Yes, I have had more than one person at hundreds of different companies with hundreds of different employees make little mistakes when talking about a product. In fact even on here there are many well-experienced people who don't know that soil in areas other than theirs, can be wretched! Many think there is no difference.

In my soils here in the Pac NW (MOST) Minelabs and (MOST) Garretts have considerable trouble with this awful stuff, but Fishers and White's don't seem to as much. But when people are really and truly trying to help me as Kellyco people were, I don't get angry at their lack of knowledge at all, I usually laugh it off and go find something good to eat and forget about the mistake 5 minutes later, thinking "maybe someone will tell them"..

I don't hold people at KellyCo responsible, but I do think it's funny when they think wrongly about a product. Sure, there are some parameters for employees to follow when selling a product, but one or two or even three little mistakes is not something to get very upset about, and I'm not.

BTW, Minelab multi-freqs don't run 1.5 Khz to 100 Khz simultaneously anyway. They run with a square wave, with harmonics being carried along and decoded so as to produce different freqs after-the-fact, at the receiver end. If all frequencies were actually running at the same time on a single carrier, it would make the detector sound a lot like popcorn machines and police sirens running at full volume at a 5 year old's birthday party - all at the same time. Multi-frequency transmission was NOT invented by Minelab or Westinghouse either, it was first introduced into the old telegraph days some 100+ years ago, and eventually morphed into telephones lines via multiplexing and later into binary or other numbering system codes, including systems with 4 or 8 or 3, etc number systems. Some of us here remember hearing several voices speaking all at the same time clear back into the early 1950's, the 50 or so year halfway mark of multiplexing (running several freqs or harmonics at the same time). I was a novice electronics tech back in the early 60's at the ripe old age of 16 or so, about 50 years ago.

No, I don't think that the KellyCo employee(s) are geniuses, nor do I expect them to behave as if they know everything or that they are infallible, I just think they are human and I normally let it go at that, after having a giggle or two.

LL
Very well put.. :icon_thumright:.... I still buy from Kellyco i just thought is this guy trying to get a bigger commision or does he really not learn about what he is selling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread