Thinking about a F75 but,

jhop

Feb 16, 2010
hi folks,
i have an mxt and have been thinking about getting a f75. i have read many of your post and realize that there are many different opinions on the quality. it's really tempting to think about getting a machine that is roughly 50% deeper than mine according to what i have read, but i saw one break on TV yesterday. the display broke off and had to be taped back on.
have any of you guys had the same problem ?
thanks.

Streak!

Mar 4, 2009
I'm sure you are talking about meteorite men..........

the guy that broke his was riding an ATV and snapped the rod the holds the display on. if he had been carrying it properly he likely would have never broken it. I've only heard of two breaking like that, and both were due to rough handling.
I have an origonal F75 thats never been back for anything....with hundreds of hours on it, and let me tell you....its been USED! thats not to say that things dont break sometimes, or a particular part may not be made right on occasion, but overall, my Fishers have held up every bit as good as any machine I have even owned....and I've owned a few.
Some guys complain about the quality just because of the way they feel (light and easy to swing), even though they have never had a failure. If you take care of your machine (barring accidents), your Fisher should provide you with years of service. I've honestly had more failures over the years with one particular top brand that I have owned a number of (that has the reputation of being heavy and built like a tank) than I have had with Fishers.
I honesty wouldnt worry too much about the "build quality". The few small issues Ft had when they first released to F75 have been resolved (like the hand grip splitting on some machines) . Go ahead and take the leap. I think you'll be very pleased.
One other little thing. I dont know where you heard the F75 is 50% deeper than the MXT, but I dont think thats quite true. While I think it IS deeper.......................... but 50% deeper may be a bit of a stretch. (I have both)
Both machines have their strengths and such, but believe it or not.....both had the same lead designer!
The f75's biggest advantage is its ability to see things in heavy trash and iron that the MXT cant, do to its superior coil design and super fast recovery. Thats not to mention its better ergonomics, and the fantastic battery life. The F75 will run app 80 hours on the same batteries that that MXT will go through in 16 or so. Thats a big difference!
You have a good machine with the MXT, but in my opinion, the F75 is far better....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't broken anything on my F75 and I've been lugging it around since May of '07. But I'm also not the type who "scrapes" the dirt and bangs it into trees and rocks. I tend to be easy on all my equipment (that's just the way I am). If you are the type who is hard on your stuff (say all the paint was chipped off your fishing reel from dropping it between casts and the pole had a replacement tip from the time you slammed it in a screen door) than maybe it is not robust enough. I have used it in the woods but I am careful about it. I try to avoid smacking trees and "scrubbing" the irregular ground. Mostly because I worry about the coil (any coil, even on my very rugged Minelab) and not the display head.

It was built to be light. Life is full of such compromises.

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
I've only had mine since last June or so but I'm not afraid to take it anywhere. It has a lot going for it like light weight, powerful, and shift on the fly for different ground conditions. I never dug so many good coins from hard hunted places as I have with the F75. If I had the cash I'd get an LTD or another F75 for a backup.

Have fun with your decision making... it only took me around 1 year of research to make up my mind, lol. I read just about every post on every forum about every detector and settled on this one and glad I did.

Good Luck!
Mike

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if "those guys" get a product endorsement fee from Fisher? :laughing7:

jsmorleymxt

Mar 25, 2008
Spring Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75
i switched from an mxt to an f75 and love it. the best move ive ever made. tottaly outdoes the mxt. but dont get me wrong, the mxt is a killler machine. i would hunt with one any day.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
jsmorleymxt said:
i switched from an mxt to an f75 and love it. the best move ive ever made. tottaly outdoes the mxt. but dont get me wrong, the mxt is a killler machine. i would hunt with one any day.
The truth is i could not get any depth with a MXT and they are known for not being deep on coins.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shortstack said:

Oh yeah. I have the same contract with Fisher that you do with Tesoro.

Zip, nada, zilch, goose egg. :icon_thumright:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie P. (NY) said:
Shortstack said:
Oh yeah. I have the same contract with Fisher that you do with Tesoro.
Zip, nada, zilch, goose egg. :icon_thumright:

:sign10: A little bit of "step'n fetch" situation, huh? :laughing7:

wltdwiz

Jul 6, 2008
Arizona
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Minelab Vanquish
Minelab SDC 2300
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
AQUA TRACKER
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
nokta /makro pulse dive
blue nemo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
traded my mxt for a fisher f70 & i love it
the mxt was a great machine but im loveing the f70 :thumbsup:
i like it better than the f75 & its less $$ to buy

jhop said:
hi folks,
i have an mxt and have been thinking about getting a f75. i have read many of your post and realize that there are many different opinions on the quality. it's really tempting to think about getting a machine that is roughly 50% deeper than mine according to what i have read, but i saw one break on TV yesterday. the display broke off and had to be taped back on.
thanks.

wltdwiz

Jul 6, 2008
Arizona
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Minelab Vanquish
Minelab SDC 2300
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
AQUA TRACKER
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
nokta /makro pulse dive
blue nemo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
p.s heres a video of the f70 in action got me a nice 18k ring that day :headbang:

wltdwiz said:
traded my mxt for a fisher f70 & i love it
the mxt was a great machine but im loveing the f70 :thumbsup:
i like it better than the f75 & its less $$ to buy

jhop said:
hi folks,
thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread