Quick Hunt-First Seated Dime of 08!

SMS88

Mar 3, 2007
Culinay Institute of America, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Had a little bit of time after class, so I hit a different part of the woods. I took a hint from Beachunter about a spot that's almost on the next property that might have been an indian theme park and there might have been some silver there. Well, in the first 15 minutes, I get a nice small solid penny/dime signal. It was the only one in the hunt. I dug around the pinpoint spot, used my DX1 probe to find the exact spot, and pulled the dirt out with my hands. I pulled out a seated dime, later rinsed it off and it was an 1876 with XF detail. It's the first of the year and #7 since my start at the CIA. Although I dug carefully, there's a lot of old nicks, a rim bump, and a big nick on the back. The soil isn't scratchy, but 1876 must've been a bad year for quality because I dug another 1876 back last October in Jamesport with the same problem. Even so, it is a silver dime I can be proud of! I'm going back for more tomorrow after Banquet Class.

Attachments

• Picture 109.jpg
    Picture 109.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 227
  • Picture 108.jpg
    Picture 108.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, I would say not bad being in the ground from 1876. WTG !! :icon_sunny:

Keep @ it and HH!!

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Your seventh seated dime? Now I'm really jealous!! I'm still working on my first one.

Great job, and nice dime!

Ray

vision quest

Jul 8, 2007
RENSSELAER, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Excalibur II
Minelab SDC 2300
Looks like the area around the CIA has been good for you. Lots of history down there. Nice find. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread