Quick hunt in Ky - Grooved Maul

bocephus99

Jun 18, 2010
My son and I was able to get out for a short time today. Looks like mostly preforms, scrapers, and possible pecking stone. The larger stone on the left is interesting. It appears to have been worked all the way around the circumference. Not much but thought I'd share.....tks

Attachments

• 4-23-11.jpg
    4-23-11.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 478
  • grooved maul.jpg
    grooved maul.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 381
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 406
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 400
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 0

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Re: Quick hunt in Ky

good looking finds there buddy... I have yet to get out and really look for some points. Looking forward to it. Did you find them around close or did you get a new spot to hunt?

OP
OP
B

bocephus99

Jun 18, 2010
ohioaxeman said:
Nice haul for a quickie... :laughing7: the pecked stone may be a maul!

I checked some info out and your right it does look very similar to other grooved mauls. :icon_thumright: Appears to have been used quite a bit too. Tks

F

Felinepeachy

Nice finds! You're braver than I am. I can't believe you went hunting today with the storms we had here. I never saw rain as heavy as I did today. And the thunder, lightning and hail WOW :notworthy:

OP
OP
B

bocephus99

Jun 18, 2010
Felinepeachy said:
Nice finds! You're braver than I am. I can't believe you went hunting today with the storms we had here. I never saw rain as heavy as I did today. And the thunder, lightning and hail WOW :notworthy:

Yea, storms were bad today and I'm not that brave either. I actually posted this Saturday which we fortunately had much better weather. This rain may uncover a few more keepers for us though. :icon_thumright:

tks

F

Felinepeachy

bocephus99 said:
Felinepeachy said:

Yea, storms were bad today and I'm not that brave either. I actually posted this Saturday which we fortunately had much better weather. This rain may uncover a few more keepers for us though. :icon_thumright:

tks

Oh yeah, that's what I'm hoping :laughing7:

Hey, I hope the rain has uncovered some killer finds for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread