Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been out in a week, too much work, and the wife is gone so I'm on full time dad duty. My little girl went to play with some kids down the street so I took the opportunity to hit a small space that has been cleared of trees and overgrown grass. My first signal was the gun, suddenly I was surrounded by kids and neighbours haha. The kids all wanted a turn trying the detector, so I obliged. The grass needs to be taken down another notch so I can better detect for coins and small stuff. Then I noticed that my coil was going dead, must've not had a good connection on the charger...damn.

It was a short hunt, but it felt good to be out. Unfortunately the gun isn't real. It's really heavy and well made, so it fooled me for a minute. Also snagged two wheats, 1918 and 1956. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445811050.614181.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445811082.093011.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445811112.630088.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445811134.919572.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445811160.454802.jpg

Upvote 9

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool gun, i totally understand the whole not getting out thing, this whole year has been such a struggle to find time it's sickening lol

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool gun, i totally understand the whole not getting out thing, this whole year has been such a struggle to find time it's sickening lol

Yeah, it's definitely hard to find time to detect in this midlife time with work and family. Hopefully one day I can retire and dig dig dig

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That gun would fool most, JC. All the things to charge is one reason I decided on the Fisher instead of the Deus.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That gun sure did look real when you text it to me!!!
But upon further review, its as close to real as they come!!! Lol
Sorry your not able to get out much..Like you said 5months and counting. ;-)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you dug a lot in that short hunt. That location sure has some trash laden soil.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess pictures don't show everything, but that sure looks like a real gun to me. Missing cylinder and grips, but looks pretty good anyway. nice find.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, it's definitely hard to find time to detect in this midlife time with work and family. Hopefully one day I can retire and dig dig dig

Heck you think you don't have time now.. I hunt several days a week, take naps, and then do the daily chores, grocery shop, cook dinner then have to watch TV with the GF....... Hang in there it's all good...

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck you think you don't have time now.. I hunt several days a week, take naps, and then do the daily chores, grocery shop, cook dinner then have to watch TV with the GF....... Hang in there it's all good...

Oh you're killing me man haha

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So is the gun a replica then Mike? :dontknow:
I'd put it in the tumbler to clean it down to the base metal, looks like it would make for a cool display piece! :thumbsup:

Dave

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice that you let the neighborhood kids give it a shot. Many would have just ignored them or shewed em off. They may grow up to be the ones cleaning up all the good stuff that we miss.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting out. I always get a kick out of recovering a toy gun. In NYC, you will get 3 years in the slam if you get caught with a gun you are not authorized to have.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is the gun a replica then Mike? :dontknow:
I'd put it in the tumbler to clean it down to the base metal, looks like it would make for a cool display piece! :thumbsup:

Dave

I think it's just a really well made cap gun, I have found a bunch of toy guns right around this particular spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions