DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may have been mentioned before but here goes. We all know we knock the knob on a Sovereign Meter out of calibration fairly easily. Here is what I did to be able to quickly recalibrate without using a quarter.

What I did to remedy the problem for a quick fix was to use a gold permanent marker, fine tip, and once I got the meter calibrated, I made a mark on the knob at 12 Oclock and a mark on the meter housing corresponding to the mark on the knob. When I knock it out of calibration in the field, I can just reallign the marks and off I go without having to drop a quarter and recalibrate. I have checked it frequently and the aligned marks are still accurate on the original calibration.

Hope I didn't repeat an old hint but there it is.

Jim

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
IĀ  justĀ  gotĀ  mineĀ  lastĀ  weekĀ  ,,Ā  Isn'tĀ  theĀ  correctĀ  cal isĀ  justĀ  off theĀ  12 oclockĀ  markĀ  ,hair toĀ  theĀ  right ???.Ā  Ā  180Ā  withĀ  aĀ  quarter ??? guzz1

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice tip DaChief.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Jim
I took your advice on the calibration ,, works great Thanks Guzz1

OP
OP
DaChief

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Guys. I have the old 550 meter. I calibrate a quarter at 500. I just made the mark at the 12 position. You could actually make the mark on the knob at any position Guzz. I just put it at the 12 position because it is easier for me to look over the meter and onto the knob and see both the knob and the back of the meter to realign the two marks. Still working at the time of this post. I used a gold marker that I snuck out of my wife's crafts room. I did put it back after I was done though. It looks like real gold leaf in the paint. Not sure about that but it is permanent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions