Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone. had about half of inch of rain last night and just on dark i went back to the peppercorn tree.the tree i thought would protect me a bit from the rain but how wrong was i.within a few minutes i was totally drenched and the hole was filling up with water.i had a torch taped to my short handled digging shovel.got a nice bottle so i was going to stay ;D.i stayed a couple more hours and the rain helped me out.digging hard ground keeps you warm.just dug and didn,t take m.d.in the end i only gave up because the hole was full of water and i had turned into a slimy mud monster.when i got home wasn,t allow in the house and i think the wife is still not happy >:( >:( >:(.i had a good time ;D ;D ;D and will do i again.heres some pics of last nights finds

Attachments

• slimy001.jpg
    slimy001.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pic

Attachments

• slimy002.jpg
    slimy002.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 421
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi anyone got any ideas on this tiny white pottery thingy .i thought early eggholder or the thing people put powder in for when handling money.

Attachments

• slimy003.jpg
    slimy003.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 419
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nearly forgot the 2 silver threepences and 3 pottery marbles,303 enfield shell and a fancy glass bottle top.thanks for looking

tinpan

Attachments

• smily4001.jpg
    smily4001.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 417

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Great finds Tinpan! Nice lookin bottles & Ozzie silver, sorry I cant help you I.D.the lil white saucer. Dont make the lil woman mad Tinpan, strip down to yer boxers & let her hose ya down in the front yard. The neighbors may laugh but it keeps mama happy & the mud outside. Sounds like a fun time playin in the mud though, boys will be boys, eh? HH Tinpan............... ;D

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Nice stuff Mud, oops,, I mean Tinpan, WTG!!!
Playing in the mud always takes me back to my childhood, seems we were always need deep in something back then... ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

O

Ole Mole

Now why would you have to burn an image of him like that in our minds eye "Mighty AP"
now we all are gonna be ina state of total shock for years to come.
Great Finds Tinpan

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tinpan said:
hi anyone got any ideas on this tiny white pottery thingy .i thought early eggholder or the thing people put powder in for when handling money.
Probably what is called a butter pat.. to hold a slice of stick butter. common in 1900-1940's resturants.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Tin,

very nice artifacts.

Always fun to play in the dirt and mud.
Keep on digging. ;)

have a good un..............

M

mchamby

Nice finds, with the size of you pottery thingy is it possibly a salt cellar. (cellar not sure of spelling) In older times each person would have their own little dish that held salt they could take a pinch or had itty bitty little spoons they could dip in it. Just a thought?? HH
Mchamby

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: rain and poor light didn,t stop me and i turned into slimy mud monster [find

i got a story........my nephew and a neighbor kid were admiring a large deep mud hole at a construction site, you know throwing rocks in it & the whole bit, now the neighbor kid is a bit of a smartalic......gets behind my nephew and pushes him in and then runs home laughing......when my nephew got home he has head to toe red mud, i had to hose him off in the front yard........i know that kid was looking out the window just laughing.........glad it wasn't me.....moral........don't trust your friends around a muddy monster!!!!!!!!

mws

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hi Tinpan...nice finds.

Question for you....you see in the second pic of the white dish you show that you are not quite sure what it is? Well ... to the left of that dish, you have a round thing with a handle of sort. Can't make out what that is...but it almost looks like that would fit in the dish...maybe for grinding, like maybe pills or something...really have not idea...just a thought and it did look like that the round thing would fit in the dish. Just a thought...

HH....have fun in the mud!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread