Rain then snow,artifacts in between

unitas

Feb 24, 2008
Northern Ohio
Rain this morning but managed to get out. Found some good stuff but once the rain started again, this time mixed with snow, I called it a day.
First photo is a nice corner notch,a glass bead, and a triangle point.
The glass bead really threw me as this site has been producing mainly late archaic pieces.I picked up the bead ,but I had my doubts as to whether it could be a trade item. I kept thinking it would make more sense to me if I had ever found any fort ancient or historic pieces here. About a half hour later I discovered the triangle point(the photo doesn't do it justice,It's nice and dime thin).The triangle point could definitely be from the contact period.Could the bead then be a trade item?

Also pictured are some of the others I picked up today including a couple of nice hafted scrapers.I'll be getting back out there this week,weather permitting!

UNITAS

Attachments

• the find 057 (760 x 570).jpg
    the find 057 (760 x 570).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 276
  • the find 058 (760 x 570).jpg
    the find 058 (760 x 570).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 281
  • the find 059 (760 x 570).jpg
    the find 059 (760 x 570).jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, not a bad days hunt.

Molly. :)

Attachments

• agar.jpg
    agar.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 294
  • agar.jpg
    agar.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 287

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
unitas said:
Rain this morning but managed to get out. Found some good stuff but once the rain started again, this time mixed with snow, I called it a day.
First photo is a nice corner notch,a glass bead, and a triangle point.
The glass bead really threw me as this site has been producing mainly late archaic pieces.I picked up the bead ,but I had my doubts as to whether it could be a trade item. I kept thinking it would make more sense to me if I had ever found any fort ancient or historic pieces here. About a half hour later I discovered the triangle point(the photo doesn't do it justice,It's nice and dime thin).The triangle point could definitely be from the contact period.Could the bead then be a trade item?

Also pictured are some of the others I picked up today including a couple of nice hafted scrapers.I'll be getting back out there this week,weather permitting!

UNITAS
Real nice day of huntin there Johnny ,I mean Unitas
Jeff

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice points, I like the bead. In the 3rd pic, is the material of the point stripped? :thumbsup:

Stryker

OP
OP
unitas

unitas

Feb 24, 2008
Northern Ohio
stryker-one said:
Nice points, I like the bead. In the 3rd pic, is the material of the point stripped? :thumbsup:

Stryker
Yes, the material is striped. It's some sort of chert,I've several like it from the same site.
Most of the other material from the site is either Logan county chert or Pipe Creek flint.
Thanks,Unitas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread