RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks,

My neighbor's son manages to track down some neat old cars and upgrades them. Here's his latest acquisition an old Austin minivan. Any idea on age?

Regards + HH

Bill

J2 bus; not sure exactly what year but only made from mid 50s to mid 60s. Got stuck on a five days SV task in one of these in Greece. six foot six and nearly 300 pounds and this is what local police had for CSV. Ever seen a man my size try to piss in a bottle in a bus so small crammed pack with SV gear, one runner, AIC and operator.

Guess what, it was bad intel and the person of interest was not even at that location but local authorities had an issue with a counterfeit cash production house and thought that we would use our money and resources to investigate once we found out. Guess they had no idea that Secret Service does not share at all, and has endless resources, and clearly did not know what our annual budget was. Its like really, just google us, less than one billion a year.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oddjob,
Thanks for the chuckles....for a big dude like you that little minivan must have been a tight fit....lol.

I spoke to the owner and turns out it's a 1965 and he's planning a complete overhaul I'm looking forward to the end results.
Regards + HH

Bill

J2 bus; not sure exactly what year but only made from mid 50s to mid 60s. Got stuck on a five days SV task in one of these in Greece. six foot six and nearly 300 pounds and this is what local police had for CSV. Ever seen a man my size try to piss in a bottle in a bus so small crammed pack with SV gear, one runner, AIC and operator.

Guess what, it was bad intel and the person of interest was not even at that location but local authorities had an issue with a counterfeit cash production house and thought that we would use our money and resources to investigate once we found out. Guess they had no idea that Secret Service does not share at all, and has endless resources, and clearly did not know what our annual budget was. Its like really, just google us, less than one billion a year.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
seems solid enough, but that drive train has to go. If he is thinking full frame off restoration then he must really like it because their is no market for that at all where a profit or break even is concerned.

If it where mine, good once over and dump it, start asking 5K aand hope a sucker bites.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oddjob,
I think it's kind of a pastime/passion for him and not a money thing since he does pretty much all the work himself when he overhauls them he drives them for awhile then sells them when he finds another one and starts all over again. The joys of being young and full of energy...lol.
Regards + HH
Bill

seems solid enough, but that drive train has to go. If he is thinking full frame off restoration then he must really like it because their is no market for that at all where a profit or break even is concerned.

If it where mine, good once over and dump it, start asking 5K aand hope a sucker bites.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
six foot six and nearly 300 pounds and this is what local police had for CSV. Ever seen a man my size try to piss in a bottle in a bus so small crammed pack with SV gear, one runner, AIC and operator.

Hey OddJob. :hello:

Just be glad they didn't make you sit in one of these:

Flatmobile.5.jpg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning,from Virginia Beach Va.Rise and shine its beer time 081.JPG

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waazz up folks ?? Mornin from the keys !! We go a little tropical low or something moving through. Breezy with a shower or 2 blowing through.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumped the kid off at grandmas house last night. Went out with my wife for our 6th anniversary. My head hurts !! Neither of us have drank like that in years. It was pretty nice to spend some time alone with my wife.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,
Good to let your hair down once in awhile unfortunately we pay for it the next morning....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go Bill.This is Sandbridge Va. About 15 miles south of Virginia beach. If you zoom in (on the horizon) you can see the resort area at V.Beach 059.JPG
This shot is looking South. Zoom to See the fishing pier 060.JPG 051.JPG What it looked like in 1950s

Last edited:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
G morning off to church then i'm going to detect a spot were my pawpaw found a 1859 IHP laying on top of the ground

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shots of V.B. 844.JPG 803.JPG 838.JPG 777.JPG 804.JPG

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RTR,

Thanks for the beach shots...it's been awhile since I've felt the sand between my toes...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread