RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Msbeepbeep,

Yep so true, when I was a kid, I spent my summers at my aunt and uncle's farm. I guess it was what you'd call a subsistance farm.

They grew about 1 acre of mixed vegetables using a horse to till the soil. The only fertilizer was manure, no insecticides, fungicides, etc....they sold the excess at the farmers market on Saturdays.

The kept some free range chickens for eggs and meat and did lots of preserves for themselves and for selling.

You are a hillbilly :D Where was this farm?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hillbilly prince,

Welcome back buddy. The farm was in New Brunswick kind of the Canada version of Maine. These small family sized farms were the norm back then, other than the McCain lands who had a stranglehold on potato growing that is.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You are a hillbilly :D Where was this farm?

Eee's a "Bill"hilly.:laughing7:
I mean, jus look at dat cat o his....

130813144114-dnt-dancing-hillbilly-pet-raccoon-taken-away-00001422-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a slimmed down summertime Santa. :icon_santa:

He eats healthy....
Plus all that snow shoveling and snow shoeing during the nine months of good snow shoeing. The remaining three months (of bad snow shoeing) , he's cutting wood and diggin in the garden.:thumbsup:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HBP is in da house !! Welcome back bud.....hope your all healed up.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks,

This guy is quite the visionary.

-

Good video Bill but as always this "World is in trouble" "Climate change" and such B/S at the beginig. (This makes me SICK)

Climate is not changed by us. When a volcano goes off, it throws more stuff into the atmosphere as humans in their entire existence. Gosh, from 15th to 19th century we had a small ice age and it has always to do with activity of the sun. Also we are at the end of an larger ice age, so the temperatures WILL rise in future, anyway what we try to do! No ice age means there is absolutely no ice on earth! Not at the poles or mountains. And this is something the humanity should care about now because it will come, anyway what we are doing. It is simply a natural thing that happens since the earth exists and we should prepare for that only. But it is not time for it now or in the next centuries! :headbang:

Before I forget, two big container ships throw out more dirt when they ship around half of the world as ALL cars in one year. Or look at all the thousands of planes daily. But who alone has to pay for this "man made" climate change? Only the normal people/Slaves! And the criminal governments invent for us one new tax after an other to steal the last penny from us. This huge companies with ships and planes don´t get any restriction nor they been told to install a catalyst or special filters in their vehicles because "they are system relevant" to keep the Shekel rolling...

I have the solution without stealing the money of the poorest on earth.

Ban all planes
Ban all huge ships
Ban simply everything that is run by oil/gas
Ban all international trade
And than let us go back with everything minimum 300 years and the planet is SAFE!

But this is not wanted because the richest can no longer made the same amount of money as they do now 8-) The EVIL machine has to keep running!!!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom,

Unfortunately we both know that the level of pollution we create ain't going to stop; at least in our lifetime. Best we can hope for is for steps to at least ease the effects of all the crap we are pumping out.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hillbilly prince,

Welcome back buddy. The farm was in New Brunswick kind of the Canada version of Maine. These small family sized farms were the norm back then, other than the McCain lands who had a stranglehold on potato growing that is.

Thanks! Had worst case of pneumonia I ever had, was too wiped out to do anything. Then my little dog develops hip problems.
Do you speak French? Your aunt and uncle sound exactly like people in the Ozarks back in the early 1900's. Since there were a lotof Irish and Scottish immigrants there, I guess that explains a lot of the similarities to the Ozark people. My mom's ancestors came from Ireland.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-

HEEEEEY Buddy!

Nice you are back :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: We missed you!

You lost 100.000 T-NET reputation points for leaving the thread without any message! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Thought you would be blown up by now :D
I almost agree with all of your post about climate.
However, we are not turning back from progress. Even if we destroy ourselves :).
You are right- the corporations pollute at will and the peasantry are made to believe they are at fault and must be taxed more and more.
We ordinary folks have to do our part to not pollute of course.
But no politician with four homes, flitting about in a private jet is going to lecture me about climate change.
I'm pretty sure we are headed toward some major violence here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread