RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
92 degrees with heavy humidity is not all that graet either when in continues into the night.
75 degrees would be welcome.
...and with all this hot weather, it is not safe to swim in a Florida lake because of the amoebas that swim up your nose and infect the brain, causing a not too nice death.

Oh who said anything about swimming? There is relics to be found!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alemany_Farmers_Market_Feb_13_1951_AAC-4798.jpg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart
Ck. out your PM w/2 pix. from me :)

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swear the sun is stronger every year... perhaps I am getting older... but small doses of outside go a long way.

Damn its hot... in for it next few months with this start.

Electric bills will show it as well.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
folks,

As mentioned earlier I went detecting after lunch nothing special just hit a local sports field a bit of clad for the coffee pot and probably the ugliest ring I've ever dug.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Attachments

• DSC02680.JPG
    DSC02680.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 29

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a cold spring here in WI.

The lake I have an easement on is 65' deep, about twenty feet deeper than most lakes in the area so it warms slower. Usually my lake is the last lake the bluegills spawn on and usually they have started by now. At the rate the temperature is going up they won't spawn till mid July which is about a month later than average.

It's been nice sleeping weather though, except the farmers are not all planted cause it's been too wet, so they might have trouble sleeping. The women are still heavily clad. No sun tans yet here unless you have been traveling.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said it wouldn't be long before we would be complaining its hot.

Bill i have a dug ring from a few years ago that would give that one a run for the ugly title.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Caught a hopper on camera. It let me get up to two feet of him, before he decided to bunny hop the heck outta there.

DSC_1198.jpg DSC_1203.jpg DSC_1210.jpg

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh who said anything about swimming? There is relics to be found!

In the St Johns River, the Union Hospital riverboat MAPLELEAF was found with an abundance of relics from the War of Northern Aggression, and there are other sunken river blockade runners in its tributaries, and in the Ocklawaha River, mastodon bones and teeth, native American arrow heads, items from Desoto have been found, and there were Seminole War forts and two Confederate forts, and the Marshall Plantation that was raided by the Union, March 10, 1865, and a riverboat that sunk when its boiler exploded-some whiskey shot glasses have been found in that bend where the Ocklawaha meets the Silver River upriver from Silver Springs.
There are also Carmichael Whiskey Bottles from the Ocala distillery owned by the man that created Silver Springs as an attraction with glass bottom boats.
Then there is the Peace River that os known for its meg teeth.
Sometimes swimming and diving are the best way to find relics.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In the St Johns River, the Union Hospital riverboat MAPLELEAF was found with an abundance of relics from the War of Northern Aggression, and there are other sunken river blockade runners in its tributaries, and in the Ocklawaha River, mastodon bones and teeth, native American arrow heads, items from Desoto have been found, and there were Seminole War forts and two Confederate forts, and the Marshall Plantation that was raided by the Union, March 10, 1865, and a riverboat that sunk when its boiler exploded-some whiskey shot glasses have been found in that bend where the Ocklawaha meets the Silver River upriver from Silver Springs.
There are also Carmichael Whiskey Bottles from the Ocala distillery owned by the man that created Silver Springs as an attraction with glass bottom boats.
Then there is the Peace River that os known for its meg teeth.
Sometimes swimming and diving are the best way to find relics.

Hahahahaha! (Just imagine I did that with evil enthusiasm)

That sounds awesome! I wish I was down South swinging them detectors. Sun, Sand, Relics, Girls, Water and more Relics!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_1109.jpg

This is how translucent my first arrowhead looks in the sun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread