RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning Rook :hello: Bride got another full day of work planned for you ? :tongue3:

Yep. She's got a road trip planned. We live 28 miles from Elvis birth place and she's never been. Gonna take her unless the mall gets in the way.
Side note: when we lived in Memphis we lived 3 miles from Graceland and she never visited there either. I guess me singing Elvis songs constantly kinda turned her off.:laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep. She's got a road trip planned. We live 28 miles from Elvis birth place and she's never been. Gonna take her unless the mall gets in the way.
Side note: when we lived in Memphis we lived 3 miles from Graceland and she never visited there either. I guess me singing Elvis songs constantly kinda turned her off.:laughing7:
=======

Ha ha ha, how many Elvis songs are you going to sing on your 28 mile excursion :laughing7: :occasion14:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
f74c650ed2df755873c036bb6e111ffe.gif He kinda favors me now that I think about it.:laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
On the same subject of entertainers, I guess the best singer I've ever seen live was Tom Jones at the Mid South fair in Memphis. Next would be the group the Turtles.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning!!

I'll tell you, I almost never sleep. I just occupy a bed until morning. Last night, I had a rowdy dream, that Tom would blush at, that's how well I slept. What scares me is, I woke up hanging half out of bed, with my head almost touching the floor. Considering the dream I had, I shudder at the thought of how I got there!:laughing7:

I do have to tell you this one. If you remember that I mentioned a 1700's cabin that I wanted to get permission for, I finally got to see it again yesterday afternoon. I had a note explaining what I wanted to do, my name and location, etc. When we pulled up, there was a chain stretching across the driveway with a NO TRESPASSING sign on it. I intended to hang the note on the porch. I had nothing to attach it to a chain with. Deep in the back of my mind, I remembered a Macgyver episode where he took the spring out of a pen...I looked and found an old pen in the glove compartment, took the spring out and stretched it out. I attached it to the note inside a plastic bag, tied the spring and note to the chain, and now I'm hoping for the best.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Same to you Rook, Simon. Hey Simon, I've never seen your little green light that says you are online turned green. How's that possible?:icon_scratch:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning!!

I'll tell you, I almost never sleep. I just occupy a bed until morning. Last night, I had a rowdy dream, that Tom would blush at, that's how well I slept. What scares me is, I woke up hanging half out of bed, with my head almost touching the floor. Considering the dream I had, I shudder at the thought of how I got there!:laughing7:

I do have to tell you this one. If you remember that I mentioned a 1700's cabin that I wanted to get permission for, I finally got to see it again yesterday afternoon. I had a note explaining what I wanted to do, my name and location, etc. When we pulled up, there was a chain stretching across the driveway with a NO TRESPASSING sign on it. I intended to hang the note on the porch. I had nothing to attach it to a chain with. Deep in the back of my mind, I remembered a Macgyver episode where he took the spring out of a pen...I looked and found an old pen in the glove compartment, took the spring out and stretched it out. I attached it to the note inside a plastic bag, tied the spring and note to the chain, and now I'm hoping for the best.

I'm thinking you need to meet with these folks in person. If you can, be sure to tell them that you will share your finds with them. Invite them to go with you and lastly don't forget to take the trash with you. I really believe that will work better than exchanging notes. Hope you get to dig it.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Same to you Rook, Simon. Hey Simon, I've never seen your little green light that says you are online turned green. How's that possible?:icon_scratch:
=====
I took the bulb out so I could operate in Stealth mode :laughing7: If I put the bulb back in then my "Like" button doesn't work :dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread