RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
-

Rook, please tell me you don´t have such named streets in the US for real !! :tongue3: :laughing7:

We can only hope. My circle I live in should be Bull Sh$t circle.:laughing9:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Shotgun!!!!! 8123b4f264f0dd75ce22c148fa59c3ed.jpg :laughing9:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Shotgun? she can sit in my lap!:laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hold my beer hun. b30ebafe412be0e4d01eddb045f83d2c.gif :occasion14:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It sounds as if I have to tag along with my mom tomorrow at her hair appointment. I guess it's kinda my fault, because I've worn my shoes down to nothing, and it hurts to walk in them now because there is nothing left of em'.

BUT the good news is, that the hair stylist is in the old section of a Morgans Raiders infested town, so while she's gettin' her hair fixed, at the least, I'll stroll by the antique shops. If I'm lucky, somebody will be home on their porch when I walk past the old section. It never hurts to ask!

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am in a state of shock. My dad and I's favorite book, Civil War Artifacts: A Guide for the Historian by Howard Crouch is worth over $200 on Ebay. My dad remembers buying that book when it came out in 1995. He paid $15. I recommended the book to somebody this morning, and when he came back and told me the price, my mouth dropped. My dad about had a stroke!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, AARC, simon, rook, bill, RR, Tom, toecutter,
And the rest of the crew.

WD i hear ya.
2 year old grand daughter fell or jumped off a futon last night, broke her arm, had surgery at 3 am to align the bone and will have surgery later today to install pins and put a cast on it....yes, its been a long night.

Someone make it stop.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Msbeep,

I am sorry to hear this! The good news is that kids are very resilient.

May the Father grant peace, strength and wisdom to the family and healing for the precious little one.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Alright GB. I usually charge for these lessons but RCT members get um free. 9E0BC15C-7723-4DE0-9F64-81A6933CA272.gif :laughing9:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1740808

I'm goin' to need y'alls vote later. I can't make up my mind which regiment to paint on this flag. I just need to come up with the design concept.

Co H 2nd Fla Cav commanded by Capt J J Dickson, know as Florida's "Swamp Fox" from Marion county, Florida who engaged the Union in Central Florida from Cedar Key to Palatka on the St Johns River. Feared and respected by the Union, which referred to the west side of the St Johns as "DIXIESLAND"
Co H 2nd Fla Cav has the distinction of being the ONLY cavalry unit of capturing and sinking two Union gunboats, the COLUMBINE and OTTAWA, at the Battle of Horse Landing on the St Johns river, May 22,1864.
Dickinson also aided CSA Sec of State Judah P Benjamin, CSA Sec of War John C Breckinridge, and CSA Capt John Taylor Wood ( CSA President Jefferson Davis nephew & US President Zachery Taylor grandson) with their escape from the Union when they were in Ocala/Silver Springs, Florida , May 1865.
From Ocala, Benjamin, after leaving his cousins' home traveled to Gamble Plantation on the Gulf, Dickson gave Breckinridge and Taylor the captured longboat from the COLUMBINE, which they sailed down to intercoastal to Fort Dallas (MIAMI).
That's my vote!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread