RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's one I get into discussions with people over......Is upper management more likely to use alcohol and drugs on the job or job related. I say yes! Cocaine and alcohol seem to be the choices in what I saw. More than a "lower" guy smoking pot or drinking on the job. They called them "hourly" and they were always looked down on in the upper management. Which I never thought was right either.
=============
I can't say that I was aware of my upper management doing drugs or alcohol. I do remember a few guys complaining about other hourlys doing pot before work. I did not do drugs and so I could not see it or smell it because I did not know what it looked or smelled like. If someone said someone had done pot before work, I would keep and eye on them to see if they were doing anything dangerous or reckless, if not, then they worked as usual.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=============
I can't say that I was aware of my upper management doing drugs or alcohol. I do remember a few guys complaining about other hourlys doing pot before work. I did not do drugs and so I could not see it or smell it because I did not know what it looked or smelled like. If someone said someone had done pot before work, I would keep and eye on them to see if they were doing anything dangerous or reckless, if not, then they worked as usual.

In construction I worked around guys that smoked pot. You would never know. Most of the time. One would go into the porta jon...Another guy backed a bobcat up to the door so he couldn't open it. :laughing7: They left him in there for a while.

The1rod

Jan 18, 2018
Hudson co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Technically, at our job, no one was supposed to put a vehicle in reverse without a "spotter". I got yelled at or written up a few times on that. Didn't matter who you were they came up with this spotter rule. :laughing7: For passenger cars and small trucks! I'd tell them, I've driven dump trucks with trailers, don't worry about it. I never got fired though!

There was a "safety Department" If they weren't creating rules and writting people up, then they wouldn't be doing their job. So, they did come up with some nonsense. They they ran around looking for people breaking their rules. One was an ex cop and he took his position way tooo serious!! He wore his costume and thought he was busting major criminals or something. He would even video tape like he was on a stakeout. He would set people up too.:laughing7: Towards the end of me being there they had to make him chill out a little.

That is ridiculous, glad I don't have to deal with that one! I would be written up or fired daily for half the stuff I do, but thank God I'm on night shift where there is no one around to report it!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is ridiculous, glad I don't have to deal with that one! I would be written up or fired daily for half the stuff I do, but thank God I'm on night shift where there is no one around to report it!

It kind of depended on who your bosses were. They had the final say. Two bosses up was their equal. And she pretty much let me do what I needed and probably filed the write ups in the trash. But their were people fired over some stupid stuff. You weren't to smoke in any company vehicle..and for some reason I was exempt from that too.:laughing7: There were guys fired for that too.

The same department was in charge of saving money on certain things. They wanted us to remove all airconditioning from the fleet of about 1200 vehicles.:laughing7: Because...They thought they would save money by guys not sitting in the trucks on breaks and lunch running the air.:laughing7: We had to tell them there are laws on doing this. They then canned that idea. Also, the cost of doing it, and reinstalling when leases were up on the vehicles. we are also talking about coordinating this because vehicles are scattered all over the east coast. The cost would have been more than they would have actually saved in gas.:laughing7:

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
If I can find the picture, I will post it. A contract carrier driver had been smoking in his companies semi truck and then got out. Truck caught fire and virtually melted to the ground. He never got fired, but another driver was fired because he backed over a wheel chock and tore the rear mud flap off.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I can find the picture, I will post it. A contract carrier driver had been smoking in his companies semi truck and then got out. Truck caught fire and virtually melted to the ground. He never got fired, but another driver was fired because he backed over a wheel chock and tore the rear mud flap off.

I believe that! We also had vehicles and equipment that they had no clue where it was. That's one of the things we worked on when I was there.

hey had an office they closed, the old manger drove the truck for a year while using the gas card. When they found out they tried to charge him. He ended up winning because "no one told me to turn it in, I was waiting for the next office to open.":laughing7:

They had 6 big flat bed trucks for street plates that they had no clue where they were or what happened to them when they stopped doing street plates.. They had employees living out of trucks in some states too.

The company grew so fast they kept buying but didn't keep track of things, it was scattered all over the coast.
It was comical at times.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
2ed7129e972dbbf0afc9a602924a419c.jpg 006bb40fba0aba8ac3cf69fca6a91c32.jpg

Have a great Friday and always be safe.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ever try to watch a movie with a woman? No matter where they came in.
Who is that?
But who killed the guy?
Is he\she the killer?
Who is that one?
Do you think he knows what happened?
Are they in love?
Why are they going there?
I would like a car like that.

Or the faucet starts to leak.
How do you fix it?
I have to get a washer.
Where do you get one?
The store.
Will that fix it?
It should.
Why did it start leaking?
Guess the washer wore out.
When are you going to get the washer?
i'm going right now.
Will that stop the leak?
Yes.
Are you sure you know how?
Yes.
Will it hurt it to leak like that?
No.

Just my experiences lol. It is hard to outwit women but it can be done. Now that I have studied these creatures for years this really is the time to get a girlfriend.
Yesterday, my girlfriend came up and said she lost her gold hoop earring in the back yard.

I sat there and studied her for about 10 minutes. Watching her look in the grass. Then I went in and got her metal detector out that she actually used earlier that day.

About 20 minutes later she came walking up to the front yard with the lost earring.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hillbilly Prince,

You can talk to a dozen guys and you'll probably get a dozen different answers as to how women react on the job....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

I remember being in Toronto on a business trip early one morning I was out in the front of the hotel having a coffee and cigarette(that was when I still smoked). This guy Rick who I'd known for years was there also and we were chatting. Out walks Janet one of our up and coming gals with an MBA but very down to earth since I think she came from a farming background.

In any event I always got a kick out of her since she was a tomboy. Well she had one of those buzz cuts which I thought was kind of neat so I gave her an affectionate rub on the head. Rick says you can't do that I said why not....they just nominated her GM of the auto group.....:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

Keep in mind though the gals had to be a bit thick skinned working in the Railway.

The more I think about it I see I didn't really explain myself well. But I'll try later lol. My brain hurts.
I just want some chamomile tea and my fuzzy slippers ;)

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morn peeps. How was the night shift simon ??

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
But...guys. About this sharing interests thing.
Do we really want our wimmin looking at wimmin with us?

If you've found the right one, then there are no others.

When I found my perfect Lady, the world suddenly changed. It went from being a world of 'men and women', to being a world of 'us' and 'people'. To this day, there's not another woman out there that can capture my attention. Sure, there may be a "flash in the pan" now and then, but then I'll notice it's not her and lose all interest.

I wish I were better with words to be able to better express this stuff.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you've found the right one, then there are no others.

When I found my perfect Lady, the world suddenly changed. It went from being a world of 'men and women', to being a world of 'us' and 'people'. To this day, there's not another woman out there that can capture my attention. Sure, there may be a "flash in the pan" now and then, but then I'll notice it's not her and lose all interest.

I wish I were better with words to be able to better express this stuff.

Well put keith. Your words were very clear to me, and I can relate well to what your saying !! My wife is my rock and my best friend.

Lovebottles

Sep 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was 18 I was hunting around an old graveyard and saw a full body appration of a female the only difference is this girl had a bonnet? On her head. It was like she was real. The last few days I've had the feeling I'm going to find a photo of her or run into it. The girl I seen at the graveyard had the same dress as the girl on the right. f7e0a8ff948a8aef5c4234f5e3d7affb--victorian-photos-victorian-era.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lovebottles,

Quite the story, was there any history of that type of thing happening in your area other than the apparation you had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread